New Build, usb ports not responding

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Put together a new rig for my friend and its coming up with a very unique issue. The pc boots to the american megtrends screen and says CMOS Failed! Press DEL to enter setup. The big problem is that at this point none of the usb devices i try will respond, no keyboard, no mouse, nada. I've tried every USB port possible (back of mobo and front of case.) The mouse lights up as if it is receiving power but doesn't respond or show on the initial american megatrends screen as it says no usb devices found.

We tried a new battery and same results.

I have a feeling it is just a bad motherboard but let me know if anyone has a better idea?

Build is as follows:

Biostar 880gz motherboard
amd phenom ii x6 1045t
8gb kingston hyperx 1333
corsair enthusiast 650w psu
120gb intel 520 ssd

try booting-up without any usb devices attached. I am also assuming that you also reseated everything.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

I have the same exact one in my girlfriend's rig and it is the cheapest mobo to supply 6b/s sata speeds. It worked wonderful the first time and I wasn't aware biostar had such a bad reputation =(. Guess I'll find out for sure what they're all about if I have to warrantee the board.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

Going to try it without devices attached. I have reseated everything except the cpu because I didn't think it could cause this type of issue. Let me know if i'm way off base with that.

Thanks for your input, i appreciate it.