Question New build USB power issues

greenzeye

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
Hi,

Can someone please assist before I smash my pc up with a sledge hammer! I upgraded my mobo/ram/cpu and psu . Got everything working however I keep getting annoying power fluctuations on my usb sockets. I have a powered USB hub everything connected via that works fine so I assume this is a power issue . I have a razer nari ultimates transceiver connected to the back usb sockets (doesn't matter which one) and randomly it disconnects/reconnects it can be hours before this happens can be minutes and the length of time affected varies also.

I have opened up the pc checked all cables fromt he psu are connected properly and they are
its a brand new installation of windows 10 pro
all bios drivers are upto date
all usb drivers are upto date
i have disabled the power selective mode for usb

I have tried the nari dongle thing on a laptop and it works fine so I know the problem is with my pc but what I don't know. The psu is a 750 modular corsair /mobo b450 mortar with a r7 3700x

greenzeye

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
yea everything plugged into the powered hub is NOT affected by the power fluctuations, only devices connected via the mobo usb ports fromt he io shield or the front 3.0 ports. nothing else is plugged into the ports part fromt he hub and the Nari transiever

TRENDING THREADS