Question *New Build* USB slots as well as HDMI stop working shortly after booting up

Cat2019

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
I just built my first PC over the weekend. I had no issues until yesterday upon playing for a short amount of time (I'd say less than an hour) I lost signal to my monitor and my keyboard and mouse were not being powered. My cables appeared to all be plugged in securely so I unfortunately had to shut down. I checked my board and made sure everything was secure as well and everything appeared to be in order. I booted up this morning and all was well but about thirty minutes in it did the same thing as yesterday. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI RX-580 Armor 8G
Corsair 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3000
Corsair CXM 650W 80+B SM

I'm using a Asus VG248QE monitor. It's fairly new (less than two years old).

D

Deleted member 14196

I searched for the usb ports not working. you can try some of that stuff

also try this stuff
https://www.lifewire.com/fix-usb-ports-4151908

I would look at the device manager and see if everything is Kosher (i.e. good, no exclamation points next to devices)

did you install AMD graphics drivers or are you just using the ones Windows installs by default. You may want to use DDU to clean out the video drivers and install the real AMD driver set for your graphics card.

Cat2019

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
I tried most of those prior to making this post, but I can try the others listed in the search.
I have installed the proper AMD graphics drivers and have had no issues with running my PC and playing games on it until yesterday night. I forgot to mention that there was some sort of short beep or buzzing sound that happened this morning right before they stopped working. The PC was still on, just my peripherals lost power and hdmi signal was lost.

Cat2019

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
I further tested all of your suggestions @Mandark, none of which unfortunately helped my issue. Upon further inspection, there are two flashing lights (DRAM and CPU) on my motherboard after boot once the usb loses power and hdmi loses signal. I’m going to reseat the ram. Although the board supports dual channel, it is recommended to put in DDR4_1 and 2 and I have them in 3 and 4. 🤦🏻‍♀️ As for the CPU light, I am not too sure as to why that would be lit up.

Cat2019

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Update: I reseated the ram and unplugged the cpu power and plugged it back in. It was running well for a few days, no issues. I had the same problem happen last night though - lost signal and connection but the pc was still running but the two service lights on the board (DRAM and CPU) were flashing. I’m really unsure what I should do next. Thanks for your suggestions.