[SOLVED] New Build - USB will not work

Jan 25, 2020
I have just finished putting my new build together. I have plugged in all necessary parts, everything powers up no problem, I just cannot get my mouse/keyboard to get detected.

This then becomes a big issue because I cannot access bios to install my OS and my monitor won't display video unless the keyboard/mouse are moved.

I have been trying to solve this problem for the past hour and I am about to freak out. The mobo is MSI X570 A pro, I am attempting to plug in a logitech g15 keyboard (its about 7 years old) and a razer deathadder (just bought it). I've tried a CMOS reset but that did nothing. Please give me any ideas, I am probably going to best buy to get a basic keyboard and see if I have any luck there.

Solution
Check your BIOS and see if the USB ports are disabled (not likely but worth checking).

Also, double-check the ports to make sure nothing is protruding into them, that shouldn't be (like the little grounding fingers on some ATX panels).

If your front panel ports are connected to your motherboard directly, remove those connections until you know the rear panel ports work properly.
Jan 25, 2020
I've tried all the ports.

MSI X-570 A Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x w/ Wraith Cooler
Gigabyte GTX1060 3gb
EVGA 500GD 500w PSU
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
2tb Seagate Barracuda HD
512gb Samsung Evo SSD
Logitech G15 keyboard
Razer Death Adder mouse

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Check your BIOS and see if the USB ports are disabled (not likely but worth checking).

Also, double-check the ports to make sure nothing is protruding into them, that shouldn't be (like the little grounding fingers on some ATX panels).

If your front panel ports are connected to your motherboard directly, remove those connections until you know the rear panel ports work properly.

Solution