Question *NEW BUILD* VGA and Boot Light stays lit on my Mobo! NO POST OR SIGNAL! How do I fix this issue?

Jun 27, 2020
I recently bought parts for my new pc build, this is my first build. I put it together today, everything lights up, all fans are spinning etc but there’s no signal on my monitor and it doesn’t post. White VGA light and Green Boot light stays lit on my mobo to. If anyone could help, I’d appreciate it a lot.
System Specs:
Mobo: Asus Prime X570 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (8x2) @3600mhz
SSD: 1TB Samsung 860 QVO
HDD: 2TB Seagate Baracude @7200rpm
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070
Super OC (8GB)
PSU: 850W 80+ Gold EVGA SuperNova G1+
EDIT
I unplugged everything and plugged it all back in again: VGA and Boot led’s disappeared but still no signal. Also plugged a speaker into my mobo and there’s no beeps so I don’t understand what could be wrong

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you make some pictures of the motherboard and all that is connected inside of the case?

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

vjekoslav

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2014
1. You absolutely made sure all cables are connected? Check connections to PSU or PSU itself

2. Try booting without RAM and see if you have beeps. If you do, it's a problem with RAM. If you don't get any beeps, I strongly suggest checking pins under Ryzen if any is bent.

3. If you get no beeps when RAM is out, it's either CPU or MBO.

Jun 27, 2020
1. You absolutely made sure all cables are connected? Check connections to PSU or PSU itself

2. Try booting without RAM and see if you have beeps. If you do, it's a problem with RAM. If you don't get any beeps, I strongly suggest checking pins under Ryzen if any is bent.

3. If you get no beeps when RAM is out, it's either CPU or MBO.
I bought one of them speakers for my mobo, it’ll be arriving tomorrow. I will try these and I’ll keep you posted! Thank you

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I recently bought parts for my new pc build, this is my first build. I put it together today, everything lights up, all fans are spinning etc but there’s no signal on my monitor and it doesn’t post. White VGA light and Green Boot light stays lit on my mobo to.

Looked at those pics again, but see no VGA/BOOT led lit in that first picture where everything seems to be running .... ?

Jun 27, 2020
Looked at those pics again, but see no VGA/BOOT led lit in that first picture where everything seems to be running .... ?
Apologies, I forgot to update my post. I unplugged everything and plugged stuff back in and the vga/boot led’s disappeared but when it turns on, fans ramp up and slow down but still no signal