Question New build-VGA led stays on-No signal

Jan 30, 2019
This is my first build & I am stuck. Here are my components.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI 450M Pro-VDH
Evga SuperNOVA 550w 80 plus gold PSU
MSI Radeon RX580 Armor MK2 8G
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB hard drive
2x8 GB Vengeance LPX
Acer 24" KG241Q gaming monitor

My computer comes on. The fans and led lights. The EZ debug VGA led is lit white and it never goes off. I get nothing to the monitor. I'm not sure if there are any led lights on the GPU but nothing seems "lit up". I've went through the checklists posted on here and have come up with no change. The GPU "snapped in', the 6+2 cable is plugged in to PSU, tried 1 stick of ram in both slots, and tried resetting CMOS. I am new to this. What could I be missing ? Everything was bought new except the monitor. It almost seems like a cable issue but I can't be sure ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks everyone. I will try again tonight and update. I tried numerous times last night but I probably need a fresh start. It became frustrating.

I know this is a stupid question but here goes. The 8 pin cable does plug in the VGA port on the PSU and the 6+2 into the GPU ????

Jan 30, 2019
Ok guys. Here’s where I’m at. I tried reseating the gpu & checked the cable connection for the 50th time. The VGA light is still lit on the motherboard. I tried a different GPU (Nvidia 1060 3 gb) from another pc. I still get the VGA light but the fan of this GPU comes on. Still nothing to the monitor. Any ideas ? I’m lost.

Jan 30, 2019
Could this be an issue with the PCI-E slot or the GPU itself ? They are both new. I'm trying to figure out which way to go on returns. I bought both new.
Any ideas ? The Radeon RX 580 Armor MK2 will not fit in my other pc so i cant test it there.

Jan 30, 2019
Apparently it was a motherboard issue. I swapped out the motherboard and it booted first try. This was my first build. Thanks to everyone for the help.