New build w/ Ryzen 1800x.. CPU Voltage WAY too high!

AmarbleHD1

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 1800x
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
EVGA 1070 FTW
850 G2 EVGA PSU
Corsair LPX 2666mhz RAM 16gb (running 2133mhz ATM)
Running air radiator tower made for SM4 til I get my Corsair SM4 Adapter.

I recently finished my build and was blown away with what I saw: Overclocking failed! Press F1 to get into BIOS.

What I saw was even worse:

57-58c Idle Temps
1.48v to 1.526v CPU Voltage
3600mhz Desired Clock Speed
Everything was untouched (Built, then booted into BIOS)
It was running 3600mhz, and wasn't OC'ed at all. I even tried to lower voltage and couldn't. (Don't know much about it)

Everything was on Auto as far as Overclocking was concerned.

What do I do? I am attempting to flash the BIOS via USB here shortly and see if that fixes it.
Do I need to use the extra 4pin for the CPU? Currently only have the 8pin connected.

EDIT: Upgraded to 1201 from 1002 and temps dropped to 53c (still high). Voltage is still 1.48v or 1.50v or so!
Also, it will not find the HDD/SSD on the boot menu, it only found the USB flash drive in the back so far.
No mention of my 1tb HDD or 128gig SSD anywhere.

Solution
i had the same problem till now and it was driving me crazy hot tempetures at idle 53 C or 55 C or 63 C at idle and 75 C at full load

and the cpu core voltage was crazy 1.55 , 1.48 etc.

my pc wasn't stable it would freeze while gaming , rendering , stress testing or while watching a movie or browsing i asked a

question on tomshardware forum and with help of some of members i come with a solution.

the problem is amd's XFR boosting one or two of cpu cores automaticlly to 4 ghz or higher 4.1 ghz and the temps and core voltage

go high and that makes it unstable... any thing more than 1.35 v isn't safe for long life span.

1-uninistall asus ai suite 3 software compelitly

2-go to the bios and on ez mode load the default setting (f5)...

RAGNAR5

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
i had the same problem till now and it was driving me crazy hot tempetures at idle 53 C or 55 C or 63 C at idle and 75 C at full load

and the cpu core voltage was crazy 1.55 , 1.48 etc.

my pc wasn't stable it would freeze while gaming , rendering , stress testing or while watching a movie or browsing i asked a

question on tomshardware forum and with help of some of members i come with a solution.

the problem is amd's XFR boosting one or two of cpu cores automaticlly to 4 ghz or higher 4.1 ghz and the temps and core voltage

go high and that makes it unstable... any thing more than 1.35 v isn't safe for long life span.

1-uninistall asus ai suite 3 software compelitly

2-go to the bios and on ez mode load the default setting (f5) save the setting (f10) an restart the pc

3-GO to the bios again to the extereme tweaker and there is CPU CORE BOOST (PU IT ON DISABLE) and save the setting and reset

your pc go to the windows and absorve your ferequancies and voltage it shouldn't be higher than 3.6 ghz on all cores and 1.24 v at

full cpu load stress tes or benchmarking also the cpu temps drop on IDLE 39 C and full load 62 C so that's it you have a stable build

and your pc gets around 3% lower performance but it's better than frying you motherboard or cpu with high ferequancy.

and if you want you could tweak your cpu and ram a little but for me long life span is more important than little better performance

and ryzen perform well on rendering or workstatin stuff.

hope your problems solve like mine.

by the way if you use stock cooler like mine go to the bios QFAN and choose turbo instead of standard.

if your problem wasn't sole try clear cmos as instractions.
and for correct power socket installation get manual of your motherboard or ask an expert it's really important.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS