[SOLVED] New build. Will everything work together?

Sep 21, 2019
I've got a new build designed but I thought I'd run it buy you all to see what you think and see if everything is compatible. Thanks in advance for your comments and advice. Going to be used for FPS gaming and Autodesk Cadd and Revit 3d modeling.

AMD Ryzen 2700x
MSI B450I Gaming plus AC Min ITX
Corsair Vengence RGB pro DDR4 3200 32GB
NZXT H210I mini ITX case
NZXT Kraken x54
Samsung 860 Evo 2.5 1Tb
Samsung 970 250gb m.2 name
MSI Radeon RX 580 8Gb card
EVGA Supernova gm 650 psu

Reactions: docbooth
Solution
Don't see any immediate "gotchas". I'd probably opt for a Seasonic Focus power supply, but wouldn't lose any sleep over your choice. If purchasing locally, I'd probably opt for a third gen Ryzen CPU and have the local shop update the BIOS (or see if you could borrow a CPU).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Don't see any immediate "gotchas". I'd probably opt for a Seasonic Focus power supply, but wouldn't lose any sleep over your choice. If purchasing locally, I'd probably opt for a third gen Ryzen CPU and have the local shop update the BIOS (or see if you could borrow a CPU).

-Wolf sends

Solution
Everything looks compatable.
I would also opt to buy a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU and confirm with the seller the motherboard ships with a BIOS revision compatable with a 3rd generation Ryzen CPU.
Also, what do you need 32gb ram for? Most tasks only will ever need 16gb, but there are cases where 32gb is nice.

except best buy but they're overpriced
I'm in the same condition. Nothing for miles and best buy is borderline useless.

Sep 21, 2019
Everything looks compatable.
I would also opt to buy a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU and confirm with the seller the motherboard ships with a BIOS revision compatable with a 3rd generation Ryzen CPU.
Also, what do you need 32gb ram for? Most tasks only will ever need 16gb, but there are cases where 32gb is nice.

I'm in the same condition. Nothing for miles and best buy is borderline useless.
I went with 32gb because well basically more is better right? something in my head tells me that. lol. I've been throwing around that thought and i will probably go back down to 16GB but i worry that the processes in Revit's 3D modeling would slow down a bit. i have no research or proof of this just something in my head. i thought about going to the AMD 3rd gen but i was unsure of how to make sure the proper BIOS revision is intact with my motherboard since i plan on buying it from amazon. I believe that if i want the new revision in this board MSI released it in the B450 MAX but my budget is already tight on this build. I'm still researching prices so somethings might change but i feel happy with this setup and think it will be good. Thank you

I went with 32gb because well basically more is better right? something in my head tells me that. lol. I've been throwing around that thought and i will probably go back down to 16GB but i worry that the processes in Revit's 3D modeling would slow down a bit. i have no research or proof of this just something in my head. i thought about going to the AMD 3rd gen but i was unsure of how to make sure the proper BIOS revision is intact with my motherboard since i plan on buying it from amazon. I believe that if i want the new revision in this board MSI released it in the B450 MAX but my budget is already tight on this build. I'm still researching prices so somethings might change but i feel happy with this setup and think it will be good. Thank you
More ram won't hurt, it just costs more.
I'm not sure about your 3D modeling app, but it may benefit from 32gb.

You could omit the extra cooler to get more money for the B450 max as all 3rd gen CPUs have included coolers.

Reactions: Markferguson75

docbooth

Reputable
Dec 5, 2018
Thanks Markferguson75 for your post, I am having to change my 144 liters. pc "monster build" into twin (his 'n hers) micro or ITX builds hopefully coming in at 14.4 liters each. I want the power and speed without a light show. Heat is problem, but I can compensate other ways if needed. I am in metro Phoenix with several parts houses and I still go to Amazon. Did you have any specific reason for going with the NZXT case.

Last edited: