new build will NOT post. ALREADY FOLLOWED STICKY

May 9, 2018
firstly i did go through the checklist, all but plugging in a vga display cord, becasue i dont have one at the current moment.

new built pc will not post, fans are on speaker wont beep

all new everything, ive been building for about 4 months so some parts are "older" than others but never used any of it

as parts have been arriving i've been placing them together i know i know, i shouldnt have but whatever, i did. put the mobo in the tower then installed cpu about a month later, and i had the cooler and thermal paste so its been covered since install, then i put in the wifi card and the graphics card about a month later. anywho, psu and ram shows up today and i put that in but i'd missed a part of the 24 pin into the psu and when i tried to start it up, it just flickered on and off, it had a weird split but it was really tight to maneuver before i pulled the ends of the cord firmly apart to separate the wires a little more. after correcting the problem, the pc will turn on, fans are on, gpu cpu chassis, the lights are working case lights, fan rgb, mobo rgb. if i leave it on it will power cycle after about 10-15 minutes, on its own. i can hear the hdd spinning so thats "working"

also something of note, the tiny red light on the mobo surface next to whats labeled as "BIOS_A1" but unless my eyes are decieving me (which is possible, that print is tiny) the led is labeled "BIOS_B_LED1"

- Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K
- ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard
- Team Elite Plus 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000)
- Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition - Tower CPU-Cooler with 2 Bionix Coolers
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti DirectX 12 GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card
- BitFenix Whisper M 80 Plus Gold Full Modular 850W PSU, BWG850M
- Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST1000NM0033 1TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Internal Hard
- Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 WiFi WLAN Bluetooth 4.0 802.11ac up to 867 Mbps card 22*30mm
- theres a dvd drive attached as well but it was from my gfs old pc, i have no idea what it is

oh man, and i feel like ive tried everything short of the vga cable which i'd be less concerned about if the speaker wasnt giving me diagnostic beeps, ive tried flipping it over and plugging IT back in, ive tried starting with only 1 stick of RAM in mobo, no peripherals. ive tried switching the hdmi cable from the mobo display to the gpu display, ive disassebled the case entirely, checked for bent pins under cpu. ive tried every configuration i could think of for what to leave connected and not. i made sure everything is seated correctly....im at my wits end

UPDATE: after initial powercycle, it has stayed on without making a peep; bios led mentioned earlier stays on when powered off

Solution
It seems your MB/1 stick of ram and CPU are fine, thank god! Turn off and turn off PSU as well. Then slowly add parts by parts. I suggest 2 ram sticks, then HDD/SSD, windows, wifi card, gpu the last.
May 9, 2018
ok so im going to try the cpu only and 1 ram, then i'll obviously re-install all sata plugs, i totally forgot, when i first booted i had a sata plug in a port that shared a lane with the wifi card. could that have caused the error? since re-plugging everything in and carefully reading mobo manual (as per post sticky) i rearranged them to a better configuration

May 9, 2018
this is with one ram and cpu only
ok so it says:

Copyright (C) American Megatrends, Inc.
BIOS Date: 05/17/2017 17:51:09
z270 Extreme4 UEFI P2.20

CMOS Date/Time Not Set
Press F2 or DEL to Run Setup
Press F1 to Continue

May 9, 2018
yeah, i think im gonna use the one stick to get all the hardware set up and then send them back. if everything else goes smoothly i'll scroll up and mark this as solved from the switching ram

TRENDING THREADS