[SOLVED] New Build Will not post (CPU and DRAM red light on Mobo)

Dec 26, 2019
Hello! I have just built a new computer but it will not post.

Build :
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus
RAM: 2x 16gb Kingston HyperX Fury 288-pin DIMM 3200mhz DDR4
MOBO : Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
SSD : 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 2.5 Inch Sata III
PSU : Corsair RM 650 Plus Gold
Case : Lian Li Lancool One Digital

Problem : Motherboard shows two red lights for "CPU" and "DRAM" and computer will "pop" and restart itself about every 20 seconds or so. Cannot load anything at all, and monitor does not receive any signal. However, all fans are running fine (CPU, GPU, and case) and even RGB is working.

Things I have tried :
I have read the popular tomshardware guide and ensured all the factors were in order, except for the "breadboarding" part (see reason below) and "cmos reset." https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/
I have ensured that CPU was latched properly,
Replugged all my power cables and made sure they clicked and were tight,
Tried to run using a single RAM stick in different slots, etc.

-----

I have read around a bit on the internet and seen people having similar problems with the Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, and it makes me pretty concerned,
as I bought my motherboard overseas, so it would be a giant pain to return it if it happened to be defective.

Also, I cannot take out my GPU from the pcie 1.0 slot, as it is essentially stuck there when I put it in,
since it is big enough to cover the pcie release latch itself, and also unfortunately cover a motherboard screw (meaning I cannot unscrew the motherboard).
Therefore, removing the motherboard/GPU will be a dire last resort if nothing else works out.

I will try the CMOS reset tomorrow, but in the meanwhile, are there any suggestions? Should I be concerned about having defective components?

Thank you very much!

TRENDING THREADS