BUILD
Mobo: Asrock Z370 extreme4
CPU: i5-8600k
RAM:2x 8gb lpx vengeance Corsair
Cooler: Coolermaster ml240r rgb
Case: Coolermaster h500
PSU: Thermaltake 630 se smart

Everything except the psu is new.

History: I tried setting it up. But it won't boot/post/display anything despite fans were working. Tried multiple solutions taking out and inserting again parts. After many ram/ram slot changes i finally got it to boot and it asked me about the time. I said ok lets insert a part at a time now that we got it going. But then the same thing happened and then it shutdowned by itself. Then it wouldnt even power up. I RMA'ed it and got it replaced.

Now we have a similar situation. It won't beep/display or power the keyboard but the fans are working and leds are syncing (mobo+case) and it restarts after a few seconds(~30). Tried changing both rams to different slots but nothing. Even tried without ram but still the same. Got some boots where it did not boot loop, don't know why. Tried a system speaker but nothing beeps. I can't believe that the second new mobo is faulty again. I thinking the suspect might be the cpu and getting really tired.

• ■ No bent pins, dissassembled it and re assembled it, breadboard it, changed case but nothing.
    ■ One thing i noticed though, when it doesn't go into boot loop and stays idle for many minutes, at the start of that boot keyboard lights come up for a milisecond and then nothing.
    ■ I use the psu for my previous setup and it is working fine.I am afraid if the second 4-pin for the cpu has gone bad because my old one uses only 1 4-pin but already tried booting using only 1 4-pin but nothing changed
    ■I cleared cmos with the battery cause i have no jumper.
Any suggestions?

Feb 9, 2019

Hi. Nice motherboard. It sounds like a really frustrating problem.

From what you said, I agree that the cpu is the most likely culprit.

Are you using the card's internal graphics? If not, I would first try removing your graphics card to reduce the load on the psu.

You can eliminate the psu quite quickly and cheaply by ordering a psu tester on ebay - assuming you don't have a mate with a spare psu kicking around.

It seems extremely unlikely that the motherboard's at fault.

If you bought your cpu from a good supplier, they should be able to take it back and verify it. If it's fully working, you'll probably have to pay a fee (my supplier used to charge 10 UK pounds). If not, I suggest buying the cheapest second-hand cpu that suits your motherboard on ebay, or wherever. That'll cost you around £80 but when it has done it's job, you'll be able to put it straight back on ebay (or wherever) to get at least some of your money back.

I can't imagine it's the cmos but if it is, taking the battery out isn't the best way of clearing it. Try this at your own risk, but if you know where the pins are that need to be jumpered, and you don't have a jumper, just use a screwdriver to short the pins.

Good luck.

Feb 7, 2019

Update: Gave one of the rams to a friend to test and he told that it didn't detect it. The ram is faulty. All good. Plot twist, tried a different ram. Still does the same. The no beeping thing is maybe that it's disabled by default from factory bios.

Of course i tried removing the gpu and use integrated. All hdmi, dvi, vga attempted but nothing changed. I ll take it to a local shop give some money to troubleshoot it themselves or else i ll rma the ram and cpu and they ll tell me If it's defective or not i guess.