Nov 11, 2020
X570 aorus master rev 1.1
Patriot viper steel 2x8 4400mhz
Xfx thicc 2 pro
Cooler master 750w
Corsair mp600 500gb
Ryzen 5 5600x
None of these parts have ever been used before

I've tried both the f30 and f31e bios updates using q flash plus, tried configuring my ram in every way possible using one and two sticks, cleared cmos in every configuration, unplugged and reconnected everything, removed cmos battery for 30 seconds while continuously pressing power button and reinstalling and disconnected power supply from the outlet.

I'm not getting any sort of video output though I'm trying through hdmi on my gpu as I'm waiting for a dp 1.4 cable to come in and i don't have a monitor but using a small tv at the moment. I've also tried a type c to hdmi adapter and none of my usb ports work besides the q flash plus port.

I am getting power and the q flash does appear to work it just goes back into the debug codes a6, 0d, 14, 15, 07, and a few others that show up only briefly.

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
USB ports won't work until the CPU has successfully booted. If by using USB-to-HDMI you mean plugged into the motherboard's type-C port, most C-to-HDMI adapters use DP alt-mode, which means this won't work unless you have a board that supports alt-mode and also have an APU in the socket. If it is a type-C adapter with on-board frame buffer, those won't work until the OS initializes them.

POST codes tell you what stage of the boot process the BIOS has most recently reached. For simple steps, the BIOS sets the failure code for the steps it has just started so that if the BIOS/CPU fails during that step, the associated code will remain on display to let you know that step failed. What is important to look for is repeating sequences that let you know the boot process may be stuck in a loop or the last code visible before the system rebooted, shut down or locked up.

If the POST codes are looping through numbers related to the DRAM controller, it could just be the BIOS cycling through CPU/DRAM parameter tables to figure out the most stable combinations. Depending on your luck, this can take a while.

Reactions: Megalodon0861
Nov 11, 2020
Got a new aorus master x570 rev 1.2 from Amazon and reran the same testing i did before with the 4400mhz and 3200mhz ram on the factory bios and yielded the same results.

I then flashed the f30 bios and am running stable on the 4400mhz ram in a2/b2 config xmp profile 2.

I'm assuming my chipset just wasn't taking any bios i tried flashing before and i even swapped the cmos battery just to be safe. I wouldn't say it was doa but clearly some features weren't working.

Nov 15, 2020
Got a new aorus master x570 rev 1.2 from Amazon and reran the same testing i did before with the 4400mhz and 3200mhz ram on the factory bios and yielded the same results.

I then flashed the f30 bios and am running stable on the 4400mhz ram in a2/b2 config xmp profile 2.

I'm assuming my chipset just wasn't taking any bios i tried flashing before and i even swapped the cmos battery just to be safe. I wouldn't say it was doa but clearly some features weren't working.

i’ve been following this thread coz i got the same problem with the asrock b550m steel legend.

Soooo... motherboard’s the problem afterall??