Question New build with ASUS motherboard will not start ?

Feb 13, 2021
Hi and thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I recently purchased an ASUS B550-F motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x cpu, 16 gigs of Trident Z neo (ddr4) ram, and a 970 Evo Samsung SSD (1TB). I am bringing over a 1070 MSI graphics card and a 750 W PSU from my old system which worked just fine.

I put everything together and was careful to plug all of the power plugs correctly, but my motherboard will not boot. The only item I have is the light present from the ASUS logo in the top left when I turn the power on. Whenever I remove the motherboard's 24 pin power connector, that light does not turn on.

No fans, including my gpu fan, turns on nor does the ASUS B550-F QLED lights which are supposed to trouble shoot this exact scenario. I have dissembled and reassemled the build twice now and I have this same issue. Any idea as to what my problem is?

Thanks a million in advance.

Feb 14, 2021
I’m pretty sure your motherboard’s BIOS version is outdated and doesn’t support Ryzen 5000 series.
You can solve this by doing a BIOS update by installing an older Ryzen chip like a 3000.
Or you could use the BIOS flashback feature some B550 boards have, I haven’t checked your board but if it has it you should flashback.
In short, update your BIOS using an older CPU or use the USB flashback feature.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS