[SOLVED] New Build with Old Parts

Sep 24, 2020
Hey! Im having some problems with my 1st computer build. I'm on a really tight budget so I've acquired some parts and this is what I have so far:
Intel DP55WB MicroATX Motherboard with i5 750 CPU
ATI Radeon 5850
Seagate Baracuda 500GB
New Power Supply EVGA 500W
2x4 GB DDR3
Intel heat sink fan
The CASE which I think is causing me the most grief is a HP Pavillion Elite HPE400y (It has a DVD burner SATA interface)
It is the WIRING from the case that is causing the problem. I had to switch some of the Front Panel Header wires because it was wired differently on the HP motherboard (that I didn't want to use) I cant tell where the IEEE header, USB headers and basically ALL of the wires coming from the case. How do I know where these go on the Intel Motherboard The cables arent labeled.
Ive tried powering it up and the little green light comes on the motherboard but no movement at all or sound from the power supply or computer at all. Pretty sure its the wiring from the case (the power button!) that isn't in the right place? Could the HD need replacing? Would that prevent the computer from getting powerr?
I'm pretty sure its the case wiring that is not compatible with the motherboard.
Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Im pulling my hair out!

Solution
Ok if you don't know what are the wires from the case for and wanna test your pc then do it outside the case connect everything as it should be but not inside the case and where the power button header go touch it with a screw driver in this way you can check if your parts are working. If you don't know where the usb headers go then I'm gonna guess you don't have the manual
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIDRAC&usg=AOvVaw1y3jqjvUvaGsrStI_9mgUR
Ok if you don't know what are the wires from the case for and wanna test your pc then do it outside the case connect everything as it should be but not inside the case and where the power button header go touch it with a screw driver in this way you can check if your parts are working. If you don't know where the usb headers go then I'm gonna guess you don't have the manual
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIDRAC&usg=AOvVaw1y3jqjvUvaGsrStI_9mgUR

Solution
This is what i meant you to do above

Sep 24, 2020
I think ive nailed down where everything should go but have a few problems/questions. A picture would help but I cant find where to upload a pic from my phone in this reply.

So the original HP wiring has the 2 green and the 2 red wires bundled together. I assume (+/-) Do I need to separate these and plug them into their appropriate pin locations or can i keep them bundled together?

Also, the front panel USB cables have a (4 pin and one blank connector) (red, white, green and blk) wire. My motherboard USB spots are a (9 pin + 1 blank) Can I plug this cable onto the bottom part of this connection and leave the top 5 pin empty?

I think ive nailed down where everything should go but have a few problems/questions. A picture would help but I cant find where to upload a pic from my phone in this reply.

So the original HP wiring has the 2 green and the 2 red wires bundled together. I assume (+/-) Do I need to separate these and plug them into their appropriate pin locations or can i keep them bundled together?

Also, the front panel USB cables have a (4 pin and one blank connector) (red, white, green and blk) wire. My motherboard USB spots are a (9 pin + 1 blank) Can I plug this cable onto the bottom part of this connection and leave the top 5 pin empty?
That's one of the problem of oem cases they make it so that is compatible with their own mobo and stuff, is there a way by which you can navigate where those wires are coming from you might have to dig into your case.