Howdy everyone,
I recently started building my second pc, here are the parts I have in it:

Motherboard: ASrock B450 Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB 3000
GPU: GTX 1080 FE
Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO RGB
Case: Cooler Master MB511 RGB

I originally plugged everything in and tried to power it on, and I didn’t get any response at all. It’s like the on/off switch was set to off as soon as I hit the power button (but it wasn’t). I checked the 24 pin connector to the mobo and found that if I plug it in a certain way, I get a response from any part that has LEDs and the fans twitch. I then started thinking I had a bad PSU. I take it to Best Buy, and they tell me the PSU has a short in some 12V connector. I buy a new Corsair 650w PSU and plugged it in. And to my surprise it was doing the EXACT same thing. Lights flicker, fans twitch, and I can even place the 14 pin connector in a certain way to get the front case fans and PSU to power on.

So, is my mobo bad? I only recently purchased it on Saturday and I have the two year replacement warranty on it. I just really want to exhaust all of my options before I go through the replacement process.

Aug 14, 2019
did you update BIOS? If not, contact AMD to borrow an older gen chip, could be BIOS not updated.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
So I thought I didn’t need to, when I bought the board and CPU from micro center they told me that the manufacturer or whoever already updated the bios for me, and it has a sticker on the box that says “AMD Ryzen 3000 series ready”. I may have to contact AMD to borrow one like you said.