Question New build won’t boot.

Al_Bie-04

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
Right.
So, I’ve just built a new PC with my mate, however, there is no video output whatsoever. He already had a PC, but he simply wanted an upgrade, and so I helped him pick out new parts for him. We decided on getting a Ryzen 7 3800x, AORUS X570 Elite, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8gb 3600Mhz. He already had a case, 4 fans, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, and what I initially believed was the issue, a Corsair CX500 (Non-modular, 80+ Bronze, Green label). Once turned on, there is no video signal, as well as no output to the peripherals. Everything is connected, and seems fine, however, after I tried turning the PSU switch on and off again, I realised that the RGB of the Motherboard turns on, but then comes off again less than a second later. All the other RGB works fine, so I’m using that as a reference to what seems to be the issue. All the fans work/light up, including the CPU cooler. I also noticed that after this so-called Motherboard shutdown, I thought that it seems as though the Motherboard turns unresponsive, as pressing the Power Switch on the case doesn’t turn the PC off again.
Any help greatly appreciated, and willing to answer any further questions regarding the issue :)

D

Deleted member 2720853

How long has he had that PSU for? It's not suitable for modern systems and could do with a replacement.

Al_Bie-04

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
How long has he had that PSU for? It's not suitable for modern systems and could do with a replacement.
Over 2 years. The fact it’s non-modular May mean it’s even older than what he has it for. So could it be that the PSU simply can’t handle the new components, and leads to the error?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Over 2 years. The fact it’s non-modular May mean it’s even older than what he has it for. So could it be that the PSU simply can’t handle the new components, and leads to the error?
The green label line of CX PSUs is notoriously bad. You can look it up.

The newer, gray label CX non-modular PSUs are way better and suitable for midrange systems like his:

wrdzQvl.png

I'm using this exact PSU now with a Ryzen 9 3900X and RTX 3070. Has no problem keeping up, and it is 2 years old. Will replace the PSU soon, but this one has been very reliable.

Al_Bie-04

Prominent
Dec 31, 2020
The green label line of CX PSUs is notoriously bad. You can look it up.

The newer, gray label CX non-modular PSUs are way better and suitable for midrange systems like his:

wrdzQvl.png

I'm using this exact PSU now with a Ryzen 9 3900X and RTX 3070. Has no problem keeping up, and it is 2 years old. Will replace the PSU soon, but this one has been very reliable.
Ok, thanks so much. So it’s nothing to do with the Motherboard then? I mean everything seems to work, it’s just there seems to be no power from the ports (so no output from GPU, or peripherals).