Question New build won’t start, tried everything

Jan 12, 2021
Here are my specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LQfGht

Problem:
Nothing happens when turning power switch on psu or case (no lights, no fans, no beep, etc.)

Trouble shooting:
PSU is Fine - started with paper clip trick
Mobo not sure - got a replacement, but doesn’t work with my old cpu or my new cpu
CPU not sure - looks fine, when testing on my old mobo there was a white led light lit but the cpu got hot and looked like it worked. Doesn’t work on my new mobo
Cables are fine - I tested all cables, psu slots, etc. Nothing has happened
RAM is fine - tried various combos and one stick boot, nothing

could I please have some help, nothing is working and my friends are all lost for words.
Thanks In advance

Jan 12, 2021
I’m
You say teh problem is this....

"
Problem:
Nothing happens when turning power switch on psu or case (no lights, no fans, no beep, etc.)
"

You mean power button on the case....not power switch right?

So when I try to turn on the pc from the psu button, nothing happens at all

Jan 12, 2021
If the PSU switch is on....and nothing at all happens when you press the power button on the case I would go through all the connections again and make sure they are where they are supposed to be.....especially the front panel connectors.

I have triple checked all my cables but will try again, I’m lost for what could be wrong

Jan 12, 2021
Make sure you're powering on from the case button, with the PSU button at the on position. Usually just having the PSU button on doesn't turn the actual PC on.

yea I’ve done that, the problem is that when the psu is switched on nothing happens and when I press the case power button nothing happens as well

The plug is fine and so is the power source as I tried with my old pc. The psu is fine as it worked with the paper clip trick

Dec 3, 2020
yea I’ve done that, the problem is that when the psu is switched on nothing happens and when I press the case power button nothing happens as well

The plug is fine and so is the power source as I tried with my old pc. The psu is fine as it worked with the paper clip trick

Have you definitely got an up to date BIOS?? On PC part picker it mentions it, and you should probably check to make sure.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41tVPiJIV3L.jpg

Your board comes with a BIOS flashback button, so you will only need a USB and PSU do flash the BIOS.

Dec 3, 2020
A friend of mine has pointed out that no fans could well mean a dead mobo as the mobo would usually be used to help diagnose the issue. I think there's a chance your motherboard could be DOA.

Dec 3, 2020
I don’t even get a status led. It’s just dead
Yeah it sounds like your mobo may be dead unfortunately. Good news is as you bought brand new, you can send it back straight away and because its DOA you'll be definitely within the warranty. So I'd definitely get in contact with whoever you bought it from and sort out returning it, and getting a replacement.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you've just been unlucky.

Jan 12, 2021
Yeah it sounds like your mobo may be dead unfortunately. Good news is as you bought brand new, you can send it back straight away and because its DOA you'll be definitely within the warranty. So I'd definitely get in contact with whoever you bought it from and sort out returning it, and getting a replacement.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you've just been unlucky.

What are the chances of getting two dead mobo’s in a row?

Dec 3, 2020
What are the chances of getting two dead mobo’s in a row?
Incredibly low, especially from a solid brand (and I believe you've chosen a good one). Its just one of those things, unfortunately. But at least now you have time to get learning how to BIOS flashback with that mobo. Luckily that motherboard has the flashback button so its real easy.

Incredibly low, especially from a solid brand (and I believe you've chosen a good one). Its just one of those things, unfortunately. But at least now you have time to get learning how to BIOS flashback with that mobo. Luckily that motherboard has the flashback button so its real easy.
Pretty low.....are you sure the power switch on the front panel is connected to the motherboard in the proper location?