[SOLVED] New Build wont boot now

NovaPvP

Honorable
Nov 27, 2016
So my friends and I all went over to help my friend with his new build we are all into computers and built the PC everything went smoothly.

The PC to my knowledge

EVGA RTX 2060 Ultra
ASUS Prime X570-P
Ryzen 5 3600X
Ballistix 2x8 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM (May be Gaming Sport C16)
512 GB SSD

We built the computer over a few hours and got the computer to boot successfully so we went and plugged into a monitor to see if it would start and display and we went into the BIOS screen. Everything started so we decided to install Windows 10 from a disk I have from when I got my computer. This is the first version of windows 10 but we would just update it later. The computer successfully installed Windows to the SSD and everything was going fine until we tried to download a benchmark and the computer just froze no error message or anything. Didn't think of it much since we just started the build we restarted it and it happened again. We thought maybe it was overheating so we downloaded CPU Core temp and saw it wasn't and temps were fine and speccy told us the GPU temp was fine also. We finally got Heaven benchmark downloaded and tried to run it but we were met with an error so we tried to download GeForce Experience to update the GPU drivers and the computer bluescreened "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" we restarted the CPU and thought maybe it was a BIOS or Chipset being outdated so we flash updated the BIOS with the newest version from a thumb drive and updated the chipset drivers on the PC. After this, we were able to download GeForce Experience and it didn't even detect the graphics card saying it was unable to but the GPU fans were spinning and it was displaying fine so we assumed it was working since I also don't think the motherboard even had onboard graphics. We thought maybe the cause of the crashing and freezing was Windows being outdated so we tried to update it in the system settings and it said it was unable to, so we went to Microsoft's website and got the updater for the 2020 May update but the computer would always freeze or crash before it could finish updating and restarting the PC would sometimes keep the progress but eventually kept resetting and we could never update. I thought it may have been the ram so I took one stick out and tried again it still froze I put it back in and took the other stick out and the system wouldn't even boot. We thought maybe it was faulty ram so we went to my house to use my ram but trying to put it into his motherboard it wouldn't even boot we tried to put the ram stick that crashed back in and it wouldn't boot so far from that we can't get the PC to work. Everything turns on inside the PC and starts up but there is no display and the keyboard and mouse don't light up so it doesn't seem like they are receiving anything from the PC. About an hour later he tried to turn it on and it booted but it still is crashing frequently and he is unable to really use it. Speccy also lists the graphics as an EVGA Adapter not as an RTX 2060

TL : DR PC was crashing a lot ran updates on BIOS and chipset didn't detect GPU right thought it was faulty ram tested sticks one still crashed one wouldn't even boot got ram from other PC to use but the system wouldn't boot after trying any ram after this. Later he turned it on again and it boots but freezes frequently and is unusable.

Solution
Got a newer version of Windows 10 on a USB and did a clean install the crashes seem to have stopped and the system is running fine it also detects the GPU now and we could install new drivers.

NovaPvP

Honorable
Nov 27, 2016
Got a newer version of Windows 10 on a USB and did a clean install the crashes seem to have stopped and the system is running fine it also detects the GPU now and we could install new drivers.

Solution