New Build, Wont boot. Tried everything I can think of.

Sep 27, 2018
I have Built a few computers before with no problems but I'm no expert and need help.

MSI GeForce GTX 1060
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370
Intel Core i5-8600 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.1 GHz
I'm using my old hardrive and power supply that worked for old computer

I installed everything and turned on pc and it booted, I got an error message saying I installed the Ram in the wrong slots. Then an error message about hardware change and windows was trying its repair it stayed on the screen for a very long time so I shut the computer off and put the ram in the correct slots as per the motherboard Manuel.

When I turned on the pc again all the lights and fans are going but nothing on the display. I unplugged the hardrive and power supply and took out the battery on the motherboard then put back in plugged everything in still nothing.

The only problem I had when building is that when putting in the heatsink for cpu i bent the connectors a bit but I used pliers to bend them back a bit and the heat sink does fit firmly on the cpu. I took off the heat sink and put it back on, the connectors were a little bent but it is sitting firmly on the cpu. but still could this make the computer not boot if so how do I fix?

Is there anything esle that it could be?

Thanks to anyone you might know how to fix.

Solution
best of luck. that probably won't fix anything unless the cooler wasn't coming into contact. I hope it works, but, it's probably a bad mobo like mentioned above.
To reset bios you can take out the battery, but most people just use the Jumper - since its easier to do.
I'd plug in 1 stick of ram
cpu
and then turn it on and see what happens
As long as the motherboard is pluigged in to monitor should work, or something should work.

Sep 27, 2018

The CPU fan powers on but how do i check if the cpu is not working

Sep 27, 2018

I will try this. thanks,

Sep 27, 2018

I tired this last not but still computer did not boot. I installed the internal speaker and when I turn on the computer there are no beeps at all. not sure what to do

Sep 27, 2018

All the lights on the motherboard turn on it did boot the first time i started it up so not really sure but can't fix atm.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

I recommend you contact MSI and tell them of your problem and see what they say. At the end of the day if they say to RMA it, then they should know their product better than anyone.
Explain to them politely what has happened, just dont really mention the bent pins, as this will be a problem with RMA.

Sep 27, 2018

I have tried resetting the CPU multiple times and does seem to work but I have not tried new thermal paste. Will see if thats it.