[SOLVED] New build wont boot with gpu installed, boots fine without it

Nov 7, 2019
so i recently got some new parts (i7 8700k, asus rog z370e mobo, 16gb trident g skill ram @3000mhz) and cannot get my rig to boot with my graphics card installed (its an msi armor rx580 8gb). card is fully functioning, as it was tested in a friends computer, and booted fine. pcie slot and vga cable have also been tested and are functioning. psu should also be good because it was able to boot with my friends gpu in it (much more powerful card), so i think it has sufficient power. Updated motherboard and all drivers, also did fresh install of windows 10. i have checked everything and cant seem to get it to boot with my rx580. is this juts some sort of weird incompatability issue? any input or advice would be helpful. thanks!

Also to consider: Make sure your video card is FULLY seating in the slot. Looking at the pictures on the Asus and MSI sites. Your video card seems to have projections coming down from the PCB near the I/O shield, and your motherboard looks to have a plastic I/O shield extension that may be blocking it from happening.

Nov 7, 2019
What model psu?
Are you connecting monitor to graphics card or motherboard?
What cable are you using?
Are you using any video cable adapters/converters?
Corsair cx750m power supply, 8 pin vga (6+2), didn’t have any video cable hooked up, as the computer won’t even turn on, let alone try to display video

Nov 7, 2019
Also to consider: Make sure your video card is FULLY seating in the slot. Looking at the pictures on the Asus and MSI sites. Your video card seems to have projections coming down from the PCB near the I/O shield, and your motherboard looks to have a plastic I/O shield extension that may be blocking it from happening.
Don’t think that’s the issue, it seems to install without any problems and always clicks the pcie tray lock tab when I put it in

Nov 7, 2019
so i recently got some new parts (i7 8700k, asus rog z370e mobo, 16gb trident g skill ram @3000mhz) and cannot get my rig to boot with my graphics card installed (its an msi armor rx580 8gb). card is fully functioning, as it was tested in a friends computer, and booted fine. pcie slot and vga cable have also been tested and are functioning. psu should also be good because it was able to boot with my friends gpu in it (much more powerful card), so i think it has sufficient power. Updated motherboard and all drivers, also did fresh install of windows 10. i have checked everything and cant seem to get it to boot with my rx580. is this juts some sort of weird incompatability issue? any input or advice would be helpful. thanks!
Should have also mentioned that when I try to start pc with gpu installed, none of my rgb lights come on, but the fans for my aio cooler spin for about half a second or less then stop. Otherwise no signs of boot when I try to start it