new build wont boot

Dec 8, 2018
I have just assembled a new computer on completion it wouldn't boot not even to bios and no beeps. The mother board has several leds the one for dram turns is yellow from the start no others light up.
Before purchasing I checked both processor and ram on the qvl losts for the board. I've removed components switched ram about using 1 and 2 sticks in differening slots, mother board is currently on its box and ourlt of the case with only cpu, fan, psu and ram attached and still nothing.

Mb asus rog x370-f
Cpu ryzen 5 2600x
Ram cotsair vengence 2x8gb 2666mhz

The last computer I built was 8 years ago so I have no known woring components thatare compatible to switch in to test.

Ive googled and tried a few things removing the btu fron the mb for 5 mins, letting the computer run for 5 mins as first boot might take longer. Perhaps the ram isnt supported without a bios update but I cant do anything about that without buying more ram anyway to confirm this ir remove ither options?

Solution
Your motherboard needs a bios update to work with 2nd gen ryzen processors, you can get a bootkit from AMD or take the motherboard to your local PC store and they will do it for a small fee. Also note you need a GPU as the ryzen2600 doesn't have inbuilt graphics so connecting your monitor to the motherboard won't output anything.

racksmith101

Respectable
Your motherboard needs a bios update to work with 2nd gen ryzen processors, you can get a bootkit from AMD or take the motherboard to your local PC store and they will do it for a small fee. Also note you need a GPU as the ryzen2600 doesn't have inbuilt graphics so connecting your monitor to the motherboard won't output anything.

Solution