[SOLVED] New Build Won't Boot

Feb 9, 2019
MB: RMSI B450 TOMAHAWK
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz
3200 16gb (2x8)
GPU: MSI AMD RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC 8 GB
PS: Corsair CP-9020053-UK RM Series RM550 80 Plus Gold 550W (From old PC but works.)

Hi everyone, I feel like I've tried most of the common "google" fixes. I just need some input please!
PC fans and internal lights switch on, there is no signal to both HDMI and DP. Mouse and keyboard also do not both light up.
Debug lights on the board show CPU lighting up then off so I assume that's ok. All other lights do not turn on at all. However I think they all work as RAM wasn't seated on one boot attempt and the debug light for RAM lit up.

I have tried so far:

• Re-seating: CPU, GPU, RAM.
    Tried RAM in all slots on both my sticks. Also tried Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400 MT/s.
    I have tried another power supply.
    I have put in another CPU Ryzen 3 1200.
    Double checked both CPU and MB power connected.
    Booted with and without a SSD.

All result in the same thing.

I know for sure the GPU works as it is now running in my old PC. RAM also both work as booted in another PC.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution

Yes, you can use a screwdriver, a needle or any metal thing (that is able to carry the electric current).
1) Turn off pc and unplug the power cable
2) Pull out the battery
3) Short those jbat pins with needle/screwdriver/knife for a 5 seconds
4) Put the battery back in
5) Try if there any changes

Btw, have you tried starting r3-1200 and crucial-2400 together in b450-tomahawk?
Feb 9, 2019

Always the same thing sadly, all the debug LED's won't light except the CPU light, which works correctly by going off.

Only exception as I said was me having the RAM unseated RAM LED stayed lit indicating it was working.

rustech

Proper
Apr 28, 2018
Didn’t you forget to plug 6+2pin cable from your psu to 8pin on your graphic card?
Check how good it’s connected to both psu and card.
Have you tried clearing cmos?

Feb 9, 2019

Thanks for your reply.
Yea I made sure the GPU had the 6+2 as I did notice a difference from another card.
Card works fine in my other PC.
Tried 2x PSU. Yep made sure it was all tightly fitted.

Regarding the CMOS I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing. Doctor Google had to help. I don't have one of those "jumper" things. I saw only you can "short" the connection? I had an attempt using a screwdriver? Had the power off and left it 5mins. Turning it on again had the same results. Did I do this correctly?

rustech

Proper
Apr 28, 2018

Yes, you can use a screwdriver, a needle or any metal thing (that is able to carry the electric current).
1) Turn off pc and unplug the power cable
2) Pull out the battery
3) Short those jbat pins with needle/screwdriver/knife for a 5 seconds
4) Put the battery back in
5) Try if there any changes

Btw, have you tried starting r3-1200 and crucial-2400 together in b450-tomahawk?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS