[SOLVED] New Build - won't boot

Dec 4, 2020
Hi guys,

So I just built a new pc (it's been a few good years).

The pc turns on fine, but just won't boot, I keep getting no signal from the screen even though it recognizes the connection. In addition, my keyboard and mouse don't light up, but that could be because it just won't boot, idk...

Motherboard : X570 AORUS Elite Wifi
GPU: RTX 3070 MSI
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Ram: G skill Ripjaws 16gb ×2
HD: Crucial 1000gb SSD
PSU: Kratos P1 750G

https://ibb.co/KjbyBtr for motherboard pic

I've verified the GPU is seated properly as well as made sure that the CPU is seated correctly. The ram sticks are seated neatly in A2 and B2 as per manufacturer recommendation but I've tried only using one and switching it around with no success... I've tried switching to the motherboard hdmi port for the screen. Tried removing the battery for 5 min to clear. Went back over all connectors to make sure they're all seated well.

I'm at wits end, I'm not sure what the issue could be, everything turns on and runs fine except I'm looking at a good old black screen...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Switching to the motherboard HDMI port will not work, the 3700x has no built in graphics.
Was the PC unplugged when you removed the CMOS battery for 5 minutes?
You may have no choice but to remove your motherboard from the case and try booting outside the case.

Dec 4, 2020
Switching to the motherboard HDMI port will not work, the 3700x has no built in graphics.
Was the PC unplugged when you removed the CMOS battery for 5 minutes?
You may have no choice but to remove your motherboard from the case and try booting outside the case.

Yes, I completely unplugged everything including devices.

How would I go about that?

Last edited:
Solution