Question New Build Won't Consistently Turn On

Larka111

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
My new build shut off when trying to install drivers, and now won't turn back on.

I was revisiting an incomplete build I had started earlier and took out the components to try and figure out what the problem was (it had been signaling a RAM issue on the motherboard). I went through the checklist normally provided here (this one: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1575220/) and ended up breadboarding it and that worked and I was able to open the BIOS screen. I then stuck everything back in the case, and got the same error as earlier (1/2 second blink on CPU light on motherboard to full second on RAM light). After double-checking connections, I got it to turn on again. It stayed turned on, I was able to install Windows, and was working on updating drivers when it shut off and now won't turn on again. I'm just back to the same blinking light errors. I'm stumped and not quite sure what to look at for the problem, and any guidance would be much appreciated.

Specs
CPU: Intel i5 8400
Motherboard: Asus Tuf H370
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydry H60
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
PSU: CORSAIR TX550M, 550 Watt
SSD: Crucial MX500
Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 06