[SOLVED] New build wont post and has the VGA debug led on

Jul 6, 2021
So i built my first system , R5 1600 , MSI mortar max , A GTX 1060 6gb ,2x8 gb sticks of corsair vengeance ram @2400 mhz and a corsair cv. 450 80+ bronze. All parts brand new apart from the 1060 that i got out of my old system which i sold parts of but it was working fine with that.

I finally put all my system together and all fans spin and lights turn on but no post . All cables are in correctly , i’ve tried clearing cmos i’ve tried flashing a new bios i’ve tried using single channel ram still nothing changes . i don’t have the money to go and upgrade the gpu right now and i’m not gonna spend money on a 710 just to see if it works I don’t have the money for that right now . I don’t know anything else i could do or anything else i’ve done wrong.

Solution
So i built my first system , R5 1600 , MSI mortar max , A GTX 1060 6gb ,2x8 gb sticks of corsair vengeance ram @2400 mhz and a corsair cv. 450 80+ bronze. All parts brand new apart from the 1060 that i got out of my old system which i sold parts of but it was working fine with that.

I finally put all my system together and all fans spin and lights turn on but no post . All cables are in correctly , i’ve tried clearing cmos i’ve tried flashing a new bios i’ve tried using single channel ram still nothing changes . i don’t have the money to go and upgrade the gpu right now and i’m not gonna spend money on a 710 just to see if it works I don’t have the money for that right now . I don’t know anything else i could do or anything else...

I finally put all my system together and all fans spin and lights turn on but no post . All cables are in correctly , i’ve tried clearing cmos i’ve tried flashing a new bios i’ve tried using single channel ram still nothing changes . i don’t have the money to go and upgrade the gpu right now and i’m not gonna spend money on a 710 just to see if it works I don’t have the money for that right now . I don’t know anything else i could do or anything else i’ve done wrong.

This is one of those cases where a motherboard speaker (https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/31dXtOoEJnL._AC_SS450_.jpg) would be really useful to hear the beeps.

Did you plug your monitor/display to the GPU video port?

Can you get another GPU borrowed for testing?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution