Question New Build won't post.

Nov 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
Since 2 Months I've been trying to troubleshoot my new build. It has been nerve wrecking to say the least.

The problem:
When starting my PC, all fans start turning and all LED's work normally.
However the Motherboards CPU light shortly switches on (0,5 sec.) followed by the DRAM LED (5 sec.); this process repeats. While this is happening the PC fails to post.

First of all these are all the components:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Zotac Mini
RAM: Corsair DDR4 8GB x2 2933Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 pro
Drives: 2x Samsung 250gb 860 EVO
1x Samsung 500gb 860 EVO
Note: I know that the Motherboard requires a BIOS update to support my CPU and Gigabyte was kind enough to that and to control the motherboards functionality.

I went through all the following troubleshooting steps:
  • I RMA'd the Motherboard for the BIOS update and they also controlled its functionality
  • I controlled all the cabling
  • I unplugged all unnecessary components
  • I manually started the PC by wiretapping
  • I reset the CMOS battery by tapping and by removing it completely
  • I put both RAM sticks in all slots individually
  • I tried out my RAM sticks in another PC
  • I controlled whether the PSU could deliver all the necessary voltages
  • I checked whether there were any bent pins on the CPU
  • I RMA'd the CPU and got a new replacement
  • I breadboarded the computer and again went through all the steps on a cardboard setup
  • I checked if there was something wrong with the case (nothing directly behind the motherboard and standoffs are installed)
  • I used a HDMI cable to connect it to the monitor, but also tried out a displayport cable
  • I used only one, completely formatted, drive and plugged it into SATA port 1
  • I rebuild the entire thing about 3 times
  • There is no thermal paste anywhere but on the cpu
  • The CPU cooler is properly installed
  • I took precautions against static discharges

Note II: I reused the GPU, PSU and drives from my old build. The drives were formatted.
Note III: weirdly enough the cases Power LED stopped working however that might be because i changed the Power LED cable and didn't bother correcting it yet.

I really hope that somebody can help me with this and I wish to thank everyone who took his/her time reading this.

Sincerely,
Bairon

Nov 3, 2019
Maybe the RAM have the compitable problem. Try other RAM, because the cpu/mb are fine, which like you said.
According to Gigabyte, the sticks should work just fine, is it still worth a shot? If so it might be a hassle but, I'll just use the sticks from a friends PC to try it out.

Also thank you for your help!