Question New build won't Power On/POST ?

Sep 12, 2022
Built a PC from scratch for the first time in about 20 years. Here are the specs -

Ryzen 7 5800X
Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro V2
Enermax Liqmax III 360 AIO
WD SN570 Blue 1Tb NVME (x2)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Gb DDR4 3000 (2x16Gb)
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W 80+ Gold
Corsair 4000D Airflow

Above list bought new from Amazon

Generic (possibly Dell) RTX 3060 12Gb
Bought used from a friend.

When powering on, CPU LED trips without any fans or other indicators of system attempting to power on. I've flashed the BIOS using USB, checked and reseated all power, both ends, cleared CMOS, and reseated CPU, no change.

Please help, I've exhausted all of my troubleshooting skills.

Matt

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
PSU or PSU cables I think. Try remounting the Heatsink and try re-inserting the cables. Re-Seat Ram and CPU. Try booting PC W/O GPU and enter into bios and see if everything are recognised

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does anything flash on the screen(display) at all? Is your display connected to the GPU or one of the motherboard video ports?

Are both the 24-pin and 8-pin power cables connected firmly to the motherboard and the PSU (assuming modular PSU)?

Sep 12, 2022
Does anything flash on the screen(display) at all? Is your display connected to the GPU or one of the motherboard video ports?

Are both the 24-pin and 8-pin power cables connected firmly to the motherboard and the PSU (assuming modular PSU)?
I do not have any power up to the MB when flipping the power button. I was connected through the GPU, it is currently removed so that I could access the CMOS battery to clear CMOS