Question New build won't start ?

Cyan1de

Honorable
Mar 13, 2017
Hello all!

First time back in a long time. You guys helped me out with setting up my old computer 5-6 years ago and now I'm back again with a new build and new issues!

Specs:
Mobo: MSI Mag x670e Tomahawk WiFi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d
GPU: MSI RTX 4070 Ti OC
RAM: 2x16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr5 6000mhz (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K)
Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe 4TB
PSU: Cooler Master XG850 Plus Platinum 850W
Case: Corsair 4000X

Got everything set up, connected, and plugged in. Connected the PSU to the surge protector and nothing happened when I flipped the on switch, and then predictably nothing happened when I pressed the "on" button at the top of the case. Went back and double checked + reseated the motherboard pin connections, double checked + reseated my power cables to everything (cpu, gpu, mobo, USB, and fans), maybe I'm just doing something wrong but as best I can tell there shouldn't be any issues there. Nothing felt forced in or anything, and all the power cables were pretty clearly labeled which side goes to the PSU and which side goes to the component it's powering.

I did notice that there are two CPU power cables and two 8-pin CPU power slots on the motherboard, I tried with both plugged in as well as with CPU_1 plugged in (never tried only CPU_2 plugged in), neither of those seemed to affect anything.

I'm completely lost, I never had a moment prior to this where there's just no signs of life at all, I don't really know how to go about diagnosing it. Any help is greatly appreciated, have a great day!

Lutfij

Titan
Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? You might want to relieve some pressure from the CPU's cooling block and see if you get POST. If not, you remove all pressure off of it. If that doesn't help, inspect the CPU's socket for any bent of broken pins.

Check and recheck that all connections from the PSU to your components are secure.

If I were you, I would also make sure both EPS connectors are populated.