[SOLVED] New build wont stop crashing

Oct 28, 2021
Hi all,
My computer keeps crashing and I'm not sure why. I've changed hardware and I've googled the error codes I've gotten. These error codes are:
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

My hardware is as follows:
mobo: asrock b550 steel legend
psu: corsair rm750w gold
cpu: ryzen 5 3500x
ram: t-force xtreem argb 32gb (2x16)
Storage: samsung nvme 500gb
storage: wd blue 1tb
gpu: gigabyte 1660ti

I've changed my hardware from 8gb of ddr4 2133 to 32gb of ddr4 3600, changed my psu from 650w to 750w. I do not have fast boot enabled, I have my ram speed set to auto in the bios but when I check task manager it only shows 2400 mhz.
I've checked the list of drivers and they're all up to date. There's a windows update available, but it's not letting me update it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I built this computer in February and I've been troubleshooting this problem since then, and have not been able to enjoy my first build at all.
Thank you!

Solution
I've changed my hardware from 8gb of ddr4 2133 to 32gb of ddr4 3600, changed my psu from 650w to 750w. I do not have fast boot enabled, I have my ram speed set to auto in the bios but when I check task manager it only shows 2400 mhz.

You don't need 750W for a 1660TI. It's not really how much wattage you have, it's more about getting a PSU with a quality build. Which is why we only recommend certain units around here and not others.

IRQ errors are most likely linked to either a faulty RAM module, bad sectors on a hard drive, or Windows installation. Knowing the exact code you get would help point the direction of the culprit.

jsh169

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Try sfc /scannow for repair there is also a dism repair tool you can try that afterwards. Possibly try running a memtest, maybe only using one stick of ram. Disable xmp if you have it enabled. Also could try flashing to a different bios version.

g-unit1111

Titan

You don't need 750W for a 1660TI. It's not really how much wattage you have, it's more about getting a PSU with a quality build. Which is why we only recommend certain units around here and not others.

IRQ errors are most likely linked to either a faulty RAM module, bad sectors on a hard drive, or Windows installation. Knowing the exact code you get would help point the direction of the culprit.

Solution