New build worked for about 2 weeks then...

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hello Tom'sHardware!
I've recently built a gaming oriented pc and it worked flawlessly for about 2 weeks, sadly today after returning from my university I powered on the machine and it just gave me 3 loud beeping noises with no output signal to the monitor.
All the fans work properly and it keeps running normally it just doesn't give any signal.

PC SPECS:
CPU: Intel i5 4570
MOBO: MSI H97 Gaming 3
RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8gb(2x4gb) 1866mhz cl9 memory kit
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970
HDD: WD blue 1tb
Case: NZXT H440
PSU: Thermaltake Smart se 730w 80+ bronze

I know that the psu seems shady but I don't think it's a bad unit alot of my friends use it and it hasn't caused them any trouble and, it's actually made by CWT.

Now onto what i've tried so far to resolve this issue:
I read around the internet and it seems that 3 beeps from my mobo translates to bad memory
(Mobo bios is AIM UEFI) as seen here: http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm
but the thing is, i've already tried using 1 of each stick of ram in every single dimm slot and i still hear the 3 beeps and still no signal =(

I also tried using ram from my old pc (ddr3 4gb 1333mhz) in every single slot on the mobo and still the same issue persists.

Could it be that the 4 DIMM slots on the mobo went bad all of a sudden? Is that even possible?
Please help me figure this out im pulling my hair out right now =(
Thanks in advance.

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
It's just that I replaced this motherboard 3 times now and i replaced the cpu once but the service center told me the first mobo died from a short(taking the cpu with it) and the second one was just DOA.
The store were the ones who built the machine for me, so im really confused right now.
Btw thank you for your help :)

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Here's what happened so far
I sent the PC back to the store's service center and they kept trying different ram modules until it booted to the bios, then they updated the bios to the latest version and put back my ram and gave me back the machine.
And it worked fine for about 1 week then the same thing happened again (3 loud beeps from the mobo and no signal), so instead of the hassle of bringing it to the service center once more I tried reseating the ram, I did so 5 times until it finally booted and I entered the bios and changed the settings to 1600mhz.

Well the PC once again worked fine for about 3 days then the same thing happened again (3 loud beeps and no signal), so again I tried reseating the ram several times but this time it didn't work, so I went ahead and took the ram from the old pc (kingston 1.5v 1333mhz 2x4gb) and tried it in the new pc and it worked!
But again after just 1 day the pc wouldn't work and just gave me those 3 beeps. Also I installed the ram from the new pc into the old pc and it's working flawlessly.

I'm honestly lost and any help would be appreciated.

mrhoshos96

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Thank you so much for answering my questions so far you've been very helpful.

So it's either the motherboard or the CPU, those are the only possible reasons?
If so i'll have to convince the store to replace one or both of them since they refused to do so last time as they both "work"