[SOLVED] New build wouldnt boot, will this fix it?

Aug 18, 2020
So my Dad and I are building my first ever mid range cpu and we ran into an issue. After we got everything setup, the only component that would light up or show any sign of life was the motherboard and the flashing of I believe the RGB on my power supply or Hard drive. None of the fans turned on and absolutely zero activity from my RTX 2060 Super. We check the display via both the super and the internal and neither of them show anything.

Turns out, my dad bought an I5 4600k when I thought it was an I5 9600k. The motherboard I ordered (Asus rog strix Z390-E) is only compatible with 8th and 9th gen intel CPUS. Now that I've ordered the 9600K, will installing this processor fix my no boot issue?

Solution
Final Update:

After we put in the I5 9600k, the computer still wouldnt boot. This wasn't a hardware issue but just had plugs put in incorrectly. Once we hot it all squared away the computer showed video for the first time and relief washed over both my Dad and I. However, it didnt go without one more issue which directly relates to the motherboard itself.

Take this as a bit of a warning. The Z390-E comes shipped with the 0905 BIOS update. While this is enough to run on a 9th gen cpu, any updates lower wont boot. This Armoury program the Motherboard comes with confused my dad and he tried to "update" to an earlier update, being 0802. Boot continued to fail over and over again.

If you have this issue, dont worry. You can download the...
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah that's where I looked. Though I actually thought the 9600k is what he got before I ordered the MB.

Since I'm new to all this, I'm also worried that installing the 4600k might have bent some pins. I actually had to order a replacement from amazon since the original had bent pins. Would a 4th gen in an 8th/9th gen unit bend the pins just by installation?

Yeah that's where I looked. Though I actually thought the 9600k is what he got before I ordered the MB.

Since I'm new to all this, I'm also worried that installing the 4600k might have bent some pins. I actually had to order a replacement from amazon since the original had bent pins. Would a 4th gen in an 8th/9th gen unit bend the pins just by installation?
I can't find a 4600k. Check again.

Aug 18, 2020
I wanted to check and see if we bent any pins but I cant figure out how to get this heat sync seat off. I'll ask my dad about it tomorrow but yeah, I really hope that means I dont need to get another mobo since we did lock it in.

Aug 18, 2020
Final Update:

After we put in the I5 9600k, the computer still wouldnt boot. This wasn't a hardware issue but just had plugs put in incorrectly. Once we hot it all squared away the computer showed video for the first time and relief washed over both my Dad and I. However, it didnt go without one more issue which directly relates to the motherboard itself.

Take this as a bit of a warning. The Z390-E comes shipped with the 0905 BIOS update. While this is enough to run on a 9th gen cpu, any updates lower wont boot. This Armoury program the Motherboard comes with confused my dad and he tried to "update" to an earlier update, being 0802. Boot continued to fail over and over again.

If you have this issue, dont worry. You can download the latest BIOS files from Asus's website directly. Press F2 when you start booting the system up, install the latest BIOS and you're good to go! I would also like to point out that while 090s did work, it was incredibly slow even after half an hour passed from time of booting.

My Gaming PC runs incredibly well and I couldn't be happier with the system! Though I do wish my dad would have just listened to me haha. Easily runs games like Metro Exodus and Borderlands 3 at the highest settings possible. I'd highly recommend this type of build if you're looking into a mid range. Thanks for the help everyone!

Solution