[SOLVED] New build

Olivier12345

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Good day,
I'm looking to start a new build from scratch. I have been out of PC gaming for far too long (duo core2 ? :D) I'm looking for advice confirming or changing my component choices. The ram is where i struggle the most, i'm pretty much picking blindfolded. I know i wrote this in the additional comment section but i can'ts stress this enough: Looks mean nothing to me.

Thanks for your help :)

Approximate Purchase Date: wtihin a month

Budget Range: 4000 canadian

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I plan on gaming and streaming from 1 machine. BF5, APEX, COD BO4

Parts Not Required: I have a 4k monitor, mouse and keyboard and do not plan on changing those.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: amazon.ca, newegg.ca

Parts Preferences: I would like to go with intel, and will never spend a dime on anything ASUS (They have the absolute worst customer service i have ever seen.)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 3840x2160

Additional Comments: I have no need for aesthetics, i chose that case following airflow recommendation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parts i am thinking of:
CPU: Intel i9-9900k // best cpu currently available?
GPU: RTX2080 Ti // I'm worried about this card, there has been so many issues with the rtx, have they been resolved?
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200 C16 for intel 100 series // I was looking for 32gb, 3200 and this came up for not too much ?
PSU: Seasonic prime ultra 850W // 10$ cheaper than the 750 version
Case: CoolerMaster H500 // Reviews indicate above average airflow/cooling
SSD: 500GB samsung 970 EVO m.2 // m2 ssd with enough storage for all my needs, no HDD needed
MB: MSI z390 gaming edge AC // not sure if i will be wired or wireless, so this seems to be a safe bet
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15 // good reputation for a fair price
Paste: Thermal Grizzly kyronaut // i do not have the balls of steel required to use conductonaut

Total $4045 cad on amazon.ca. I can save a bit by buying from multiple location or save a lot by not buying anything.

Solution
thank you :) I will find suitable 16gb ram

what AIO water cooling solution would you recommend ? Would it be much better than the air nh-d15?

Your case supports 240mm radiator at the top so https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-Plati...id=1550777138&sr=1-15&keywords=240mm+radiator should fit. Well, liquid cooler won't affect the height of the ram (that depends on the case). The liquid cooler looks beautiful especially with rbg and is perfect with your corsair rbg ram. This should be a decent cooler^^.

I know you don't want to spend a dime om asus products but this cooler is good for you motherboard and does have a oled screen which you can costomize...

Olivier12345

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Very nice component choices.
Thank you
Why do you need a lot of ram? H500 has a lot of airflow with those 2x 200mm fans as intake. You could get asus 2080ti so that you can get a liquid cooler (if you want too).
The only limitation i had on my thread was no ASUS ;) Taking into consideration your recommendation, the MSI sea Hawk also offers water cooling. I havn't found any information regarding the benefit of water cooling those cards, people say it hits power limit before thermal. Whatever that means...
As for the ram, do you think 16GB is enough for intended use? It would be a good way to save a bit on cost if its not affecting performance.

Thank you :)

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Thank you

The only limitation i had on my thread was no ASUS ;) Taking into consideration your recommendation, the MSI sea Hawk also offers water cooling. I havn't found any information regarding the benefit of water cooling those cards, people say it hits power limit before thermal. Whatever that means...
As for the ram, do you think 16GB is enough for intended use? It would be a good way to save a bit on cost if its not affecting performance.

Thank you :)

32 gb of ram would be a overkill bu at least you can have ton of programs or website open but i would get the16 gb of ram just because it's enough for gaming and of course have som programs such as obs. This also means you'll save some money which you could use for a better cooler. If you're interested in liquid cooler then 280-360mm radiator (with fans of course) should be enough to cool your i9 9900k.

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
thank you :) I will find suitable 16gb ram

what AIO water cooling solution would you recommend ? Would it be much better than the air nh-d15?

Your case supports 240mm radiator at the top so https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-Plati...id=1550777138&sr=1-15&keywords=240mm+radiator should fit. Well, liquid cooler won't affect the height of the ram (that depends on the case). The liquid cooler looks beautiful especially with rbg and is perfect with your corsair rbg ram. This should be a decent cooler^^.

I know you don't want to spend a dime om asus products but this cooler is good for you motherboard and does have a oled screen which you can costomize with their program. It has one fan to cool the vrm and m.2. Just letting you know.

Solution

Olivier12345

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I know you don't want to spend a dime om asus products but this cooler is good for you motherboard and does have a oled screen which you can costomize with their program. It has one fan to cool the vrm and m.2. Just letting you know.

Even if their product were weaved in unicorn hair and sprinkled in pixie dust i wouldn't touch it.