[SOLVED] New build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2020
Hey all. Just built my first pc and ran into a slight issue. Pc has all new parts. Everything is comparable. I assembled it and powered it on. Everything worked. Went into bios and computer recognised all hardware. I just left the stock settings. Then downloaded the essentials like windows and chrome and the Nivdia driver etc... I then downloaded call of duty and was about ready to hop in when my computer abruptly shut off. I assumed it overheated although I checked my CPU temp 10 minutes before and it was only 40 degrees. I pulled the side panel off disconnected the power and waited till the morning. It still won't boot up. Any Ideas? I unfortunately don't have. A backup PC to swap parts.

Nov 24, 2020
So update. It is definitely my power supply. I am getting a new one on warranty. My next question is can anything in the computer cause the power supply to fail after only a few house or do you think I just received a defective unit. Fan is facing down in my case by the way and there are slots in the bottom for air flow also my PC is about 8 inches from the wall.

Nov 24, 2020
Yeah hopefully. I am new to building PCs obviously so my overall confidence is very low haha I bought an EVGA psu cause they were supposed to last long but I guess sometimes they come defective. Case and point

Status
Not open for further replies.