New built computer no sign of life

OverloadEDED

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Hi I recently finished building my computer and when I switch it on there is nothing at all.
I initially thought it was the motherboard since no lights at all were popping up. However I have tried the paperclip test on the PSU and nothing happened, the paperclip was gold coloured but I don't know if that would affect the conductivity and thus the test?

Just wanted to see if anyone had any input into if it it most likely that just the PSU is broken. Thanks for any help :).

Solution
Gold coloured paper-clip would still be a valid test as it's still conductive metal (assuming it's not gold-coloured paint course, which is possible as I have some red-painted ones as well as plain metal ones).

Just to be sure, scrape ends of clip down to bare metal and try test again.

If still nothing happens it looks like you have a dead PSU if you performed the test properly.
Gold coloured paper-clip would still be a valid test as it's still conductive metal (assuming it's not gold-coloured paint course, which is possible as I have some red-painted ones as well as plain metal ones).

Just to be sure, scrape ends of clip down to bare metal and try test again.

If still nothing happens it looks like you have a dead PSU if you performed the test properly.

Solution