[SOLVED] New built computer not showing bios and turns off and on repeatedly?

Buzzkilla

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Just built a new computer, this is my 4th one so I know I put everything on correctly etc.
Spec list is:

I9 9900k CPU
Gigabyte H370 Aorus gaming 3 1151-2 mobo
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16gb ram 2666mhz
Corsair TX750m 80 Gold PSU
Geforce RTX 2080 ROG 8gb GPU
970 Evo 500gb NVme ssd
cooler master 212x CPU cooler
And a standard mid tower case

I push the power button and all the fans and lights turn on, nothing displays on the screen, no bios or splash screen.
Then shortly the computer just shuts off and restarts again to just keep looping.

On the motherboard itself, there are 4 LEDs; RAM, VGA, CPU, and boot. When it turns on the light goes from Ram, to boot then as soon as it hits CPU its shut off.

Please, can someone help, I've taken out the ram, taken different parts out to target something but ultimately I can't get this to work and could conclude a faulty Mobo, CPU or PSU...

Solution
Likely a bios compatibility problem. That board requires bios F7 to be bootable and F11 for full support for the 9900k. If it has an older bios installed it will not post.

Buzzkilla

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Likely a bios compatibility problem. That board requires bios F7 to be bootable and F11 for full support for the 9900k. If it has an older bios installed it will not post.
I just spoke to tech and they said this is also the case.
I need an 8th gen cpu to upgrade the board for the 9th gen cpu...
Bad news is I don't have a spare 8th gen cpu laying around..

bignastyid

Titan
Can you still return the motherboard? If so get a Z390, they support 9th gen out of the box. The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite is only $30 more than the H370 gaming 3 which is less than the price of the cheapest 8th gen cpu you could use to flash the bios and also likely less that what a shop may charge you to update the bios for you. Plus with a Z390 you'd get the benefit of a aboard with the ability to OC(although you'd need a much better cpu cooler as the 212 is likely going to struggle with a 9900k at stock settings).

Buzzkilla

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Can you still return the motherboard? If so get a Z390, they support 9th gen out of the box. The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite is only $30 more than the H370 gaming 3 which is less than the price of the cheapest 8th gen cpu you could use to flash the bios and also likely less that what a shop may charge you to update the bios for you. Plus with a Z390 you'd get the benefit of a aboard with the ability to OC(although you'd need a much better cpu cooler as the 212 is likely going to struggle with a 9900k at stock settings).

Hey mate, I went back to the store I bought the motherboard from and they actually updated the bios to F12 for me.
And they also discovered a bent pin on the CPU socket which is highly odd and they bent it back which sounds super sketchy but it all works fine now.
Thanks for your bios suggestion! It helped a lot

TRENDING THREADS