Question New built computer turns on and off again in a split second.

May 28, 2019
So I recently started building my first computer. I turn it on and all the fans start spinning, all the LEDs light right on up but a split second later everything turns off. I've tried using only one RAM stick, take my CPU out and back in, basically everything you can find online I've tried. So the motherboard I'm using is an:
MSI z390 GAMING EDGE AC and the CPU is an intel core i5-7600K.
The MOBO has two power input thingies but I only have one power cable used for those. There are an 8 pin and a 4 pin power input thingy. Do I need to put a cable in each of these inputs? Is just one enough? Is there something else that's all wrong?

So I recently started building my first computer. I turn it on and all the fans start spinning, all the LEDs light right on up but a split second later everything turns off. I've tried using only one RAM stick, take my CPU out and back in, basically everything you can find online I've tried. So the motherboard I'm using is an:
MSI z390 GAMING EDGE AC and the CPU is an intel core i5-7600K.
The MOBO has two power input thingies but I only have one power cable used for those. There are an 8 pin and a 4 pin power input thingy. Do I need to put a cable in each of these inputs? Is just one enough? Is there something else that's all wrong?

The CPU isn't compatible with the MB.

You need an 8th or 9th generation CPU.... 8XXX or 9XXX.

Reactions: PellePonken