New built doesn't boot

Narfun

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
Hi guys,
I've just built a computer but I have some trouble since it doesn't show the BIOS.
It's my first built so I'm not that much of an expert but I've checked and double checked everything and I still haven't understood what's the issue.
The MoBo is an Asrock H97 fatal1ty and the weird thing is that no metter how I turn it on, it doesn't sound. I tried even with no ram plugged, the red led in the middle of the mobo turns red and the fans start spinning but it doesn't bip. Everything else seems working.
I tried to turn it on withouth the cpu plugged and it shut down immediately.
Do you think that it might be the Mobo that is faulty?
thanks for your help!
Bye bye

Edit: I just noticed that my mobo has no built in speaker so it doesn't bip for a reason, so I connected a speaker to it and tried different combinations. Turns out that when I disconnect the ram, the mobo beeps, when I disconnect the video card, it beeps. when I have the ram but not the card, it beeps. when I have everything connected it doesn't beep. Could it be a faulty PSU or maybe it has not enough power? it is a TS XFX 550W, the other components are:
CPU: xeon e3 1231 v3
Video: msi gtx 970 gaming g4
ram: ddr3 1600mhz corsair vengeance

thanks

AreH

Distinguished
Well maybe this could help. Long time ago I had similar problem with my new build but didn't bother to much just rma the board. Last year I tried to put in work my previous built for kids which worked perfectly earlier but it shown no sign of life. I tried practicly everything, replaced battery, checked hdd and gpu on the other comp but still no sign of life. In one of my attempts I accidentally start it with just one ram module of three of it and the comp start to work. The culprit was ram. I suggest to additionaly check the ram.

Best luck!

Narfun

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
ok guys, thanks to both of you for the answers. I've never felt so happy and stupid at the same time: I connected the monitor to the mobo. Now everything is fine , actually I'm tiping from that pc! So thanks again alexoiu!!
Bye bye