New built pc.. No sound on windows 10

Feb 16, 2018
I’m very very new to the whole pc side of things. I recently bought and put together my first pc for gaming. Ryzen 5 1600, evga geforce1060, msi b350, 16g of ram, ssd, 3tb barracuda hd... Anyways i built it and everything went fine and i installed windows 10 no problems but I can’t seem to get sound no matter what i try. I’m currently using Hdmi to connect from monitor to graphics card. I tried reinstalling the drivers for the sound but windows 10 displays a red x over the speaker option for my monitor(says not plugged in). I can choose another option but no sound plays. Also i see the green bar moving when i play something with sound in the background. I have a display cord also that came with my monitor... what do i do help

Solution
A better solution is to buy external speakers to plug into the computer itself. Most DIY computers don't allow sound through HDMI for safety reasons. You have to use an aux cable or digital audio.

arvram8

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
A better solution is to buy external speakers to plug into the computer itself. Most DIY computers don't allow sound through HDMI for safety reasons. You have to use an aux cable or digital audio.

Solution