[SOLVED] New built pc went into bios on first start now just black screen

Mar 6, 2021
I just built a new PC got into bios on first start went and downloaded windows 10 on usb shut off the pc to reboot back into bios with usb to load windows 10 on it and just went to black screen. I've cleared CMOS with battery taken out, unhooked everything but GPU, CPU, Ram and ssd nothing still. I've tried different slot on Ram and tried only 1 stick. Doesnt make sense why it went into bios and I plug just a usb stick in and reboot and gives black screen please help. Thanks

Asus rog strix b550f mobo
Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
evga 3070 GPU
850w PSU
2x 16gb vengeance ram
1tb NVME ssd
2tb Seagate sshd

Solution
A faulty PSU can show itself in many different ways. If it's completely dead the PC won't even boot, but if it's failing then you could get your PC to completely boot and then crash randomly in games or even under even a small load. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure that your ram is compatible with your mobo.
Mar 6, 2021
I'm going crazy.. I've tried restoring bios and flashback to newest bios still same thing. I'm running gpu on hdmi not display port. Repeated ram, bench tested mobo.. this is crazy​

Mar 6, 2021
paperclip test don't test any load
I have a green light on mobo that is for boot, my monitor goes from black screen to no signal when I power on it cycles thru all led on mobo then stays on boot then monitor will go back to black. If it's a bad psu will it still boot just no post/bios/signal

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
A faulty PSU can show itself in many different ways. If it's completely dead the PC won't even boot, but if it's failing then you could get your PC to completely boot and then crash randomly in games or even under even a small load. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure that your ram is compatible with your mobo.

Solution
Mar 6, 2021
Asus Rog STrix b550-f wifi calls for DDR4 which I have 2 DDR4 2x16gb 3600mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. I have reseated them time after time. I have them placed in recommended slot B2 and A2. I havent been able to even put windows 10 on it yet i went into bios one time and havent been able to get signal since. This happend yesterday morning

Mar 6, 2021
Question. Should I buy a Display port cord to hdmi/vga and see? the EVGA 3070 has 3 Display ports and 1 hdmi. Monitor has VGA and hdmi no display port slot. Monitor is a Asus Tuff Gaming 165hz 1ms 27" Curve

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I doubt its your cable, you could try that but prob won't work. What I meant by if your ram is supported each motherboard has a section in their manual (or at least in the support/about page online) where they list the party numbers that work with it. See if yours is either a on their or b extremely similar to one of the ones on their.

Mar 6, 2021
I doubt its your cable, you could try that but prob won't work. What I meant by if your ram is supported each motherboard has a section in their manual (or at least in the support/about page online) where they list the party numbers that work with it. See if yours is either a on their or b extremely similar to one of the ones on their.
I dont see the exact one but i see same stats. 32gb(2x 16) corsair 3600mhz, any possibility its the cpu? I recently purchased a new cpu cause first one had bent pins. When in bios it was reaching 70-75 degrees celcius and stayed around there, Is that kind of high for bios running? i pulled cpu out to check pins but all seems well. Reseated cpu fan. Thanks for the help so far

I dont see the exact one but i see same stats. 32gb(2x 16) corsair 3600mhz, any possibility its the cpu? I recently purchased a new cpu cause first one had bent pins. When in bios it was reaching 70-75 degrees celcius and stayed around there, Is that kind of high for bios running? i pulled cpu out to check pins but all seems well. Reseated cpu fan. Thanks for the help so far
75 C is high for Idling in BIOS, but I think that you should first replace that PSU. It is hard to diagnose a PC with a, to be frank, F tier PSU with those parts.
A couple options below:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0778XF1HL?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Mar 6, 2021
75 C is high for Idling in BIOS, but I think that you should first replace that PSU. It is hard to diagnose a PC with a, to be frank, F tier PSU with those parts.
A couple options below:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0778XF1HL?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
Yeah I was just ready to build this thing and didnt even read the reviews. Got it from Newegg along with alot of my parts. Could i run a dmm to maybe test voltage on psu? Im just trying to avoid spending unnecessary money if its not the problem, Im already in like $2600

Mar 6, 2021
Problem solved. Turns out it was the PSU. Guess it's just like anything else. Name brand matters.. going to DOA my old psu and sell it. Bought a Thermaltake 700w DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GAMEMAX!

Reactions: helper800