2 X 8GB Crucial DDR4-2400
EVGA Geforce GT730 2GB DDR3
Lightscribe DVD Drive
ASUS DVD Drive
Blueray DVD Drive
Power Supply Corsair CX550M/RPS0028
1T HDD Internal and 6T external
Windows 10
Takes About 5-10 seconds to open anything once open works smoothly. Used to build systems about 15 years ago and retired now and as such consider my self a novice now.;)

Solution
I can see a few things with that system.

1. The RAM. 2400MHz RAM for a Ryzen CPU is horrible. 3200MHz minimum. Just look at the difference between the 2666MHz, 3200MHz and 3600MHz on some titles.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9F0h7qP_g

2. That 1TB HDD OS drive. What is it? It is now recommended to use a SSD for your OS drive. Even a good HDD is still slow. Using a SSD for a boot drive is one of the best upgrade no one should skip over.

3. EVGA Geforce GT730 2GB DDR3. 6 years old GPU and this was already a weak card 6 years old when it came out. Nothing will feel fast using this GPU anymore. Not on a modern system.

GOOD :
MSI X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard
AMD RYZEN 5 3rd GEN. Processor...
Did you do a fresh install of Windows or was this HDD/SSD from another system? If the drive was from another system you must perform a full reinstall or windows, preferably a reformat and install.

What sort of HDD are you using? Is it a 5400RPM? Those can be quite slow. I would seriously recommend buying a SSD for your main system drive as their cost have come way down in the last couple years.

1. The RAM. 2400MHz RAM for a Ryzen CPU is horrible. 3200MHz minimum. Just look at the difference between the 2666MHz, 3200MHz and 3600MHz on some titles.

2. That 1TB HDD OS drive. What is it? It is now recommended to use a SSD for your OS drive. Even a good HDD is still slow. Using a SSD for a boot drive is one of the best upgrade no one should skip over.

3. EVGA Geforce GT730 2GB DDR3. 6 years old GPU and this was already a weak card 6 years old when it came out. Nothing will feel fast using this GPU anymore. Not on a modern system.

GOOD :
AMD RYZEN 5 3rd GEN. Processor

BAD:
1T HDD Internal used as your boot drive.

You don't seems like a novice. The only part you did incorrectly was not buying new parts for everything. Normally after all those years it's just not worth it to keep anything. Your GPU, HDD and RAM is slowing your system down considerably.

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 26, 2020

GOOD :
AMD RYZEN 5 3rd GEN. Processor

BAD:
1T HDD Internal used as your boot drive.

You don't seems like a novice. The only part you did incorrectly was not buying new parts for everything. Normally after all those years it's just not worth it to keep anything. Your GPU, HDD and RAM is slowing your system down considerably.
Thanks Really great info, and yes novice label or i would have investigated better but everything srared makes sense.

Thanks Really great info, and yes novice label or i would have investigated better but everything srared makes sense.

A 256GB minimum SSD for your OS drive.
2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM KIT taken from the QVL list of your motherboard.
A new GPU. Depending on your monitor, resolution and refresh rate. GPU suggestion will be different.
A new PSU if the GPU bought requires a better one.

That's what you need to complete your new setup.

Don't hesitate to ask more question later if you need to!

Good day sir :)