Question New built Ryzen 2700 + 2060 stability issues

Apr 19, 2019
So I built my friend a PC and he gets good fps BUT it drops pretty frequently like from ~300 fps stable to 9 fps randomly for a second. I swapped out the ram from a good system to this ryzen one and issues are still present. Temperatures are perfectly fine. I tried doing those windows tweaks for performance. My friend also live streams on this build. Problems are present in any game he plays. I've also reset bios settings. Drivers/bios/chipsets are up to date

Windows 10 1809
Ryzen 2700
RTX 2060
B450 Tomahawk motherboard
16GB 3000mhz ram
650W

Apr 19, 2019
Is it a fresh install of Windows? Or was it a HDD/SSD swap from an old system. If it's the latter you need to reinstall windows fresh to start with.

Also make sure all the AMD drivers are installed as well as the latest Nvidia drivers.
yes everything is up to date for the drivers and for windows it was a fresh install. I applied a slight overclock on ryzen master still same thing happens. And i also use high performance or balanced power plan , issues are still there in dropping fps

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
yes everything is up to date for the drivers and for windows it was a fresh install. I applied a slight overclock on ryzen master still same thing happens. And i also use high performance or balanced power plan , issues are still there in dropping fps
When your system boots up reset to default settings within your BIOS. Overclocking your CPU may not be a good idea right now as far as stability goes.