[SOLVED] New built system won’t boot

Nov 2, 2020
Hello everyone long time browser first time poster. Anyway finally built my first AM4 based system today last time I built a computer was 7 years ago so I will be honest I’m a little rusty. Anyway I will write what I assembled below

Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming Mobo
AMD 6 9500 CPU ( I know very mismatched but I’m waiting for my ryzen 3300x to come in if AMAZON ever get it in stock again)
2x8gb 3200mhz hyperx ram
EVGA GTX770 (carried over from my old machine)
Assorted hard drives etc from my old pc

So when I turn it on it all glows fans spin etc but no display on the graphics card sockets or the on board.

I have two schools of thought on my problem
  1. although the cpu is in the supported cpu list the bios on the mobo might be a newer version(can’t find what version anywhere in the paperwork that came with it) that doesn’t support the older processors. If this is the problem any suggestions on how to fix it? I don’t believe the mobo features flash back or anything similar
  2. could the ram MHZ be faster than the CPU can support ? I don’t know if this is even a thing but the Motherboard shows RAM as the fault on the on board led lights

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I’m tearing my hair out right now

Thank you in advance