[SOLVED] PC BUILT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 11, 2020
Please keep your new build discussion to 1 thread.
Hello everyone , I am brand new to this forum , so please don't go harsh on me , also I am also new to pc specs. so don't hate on me :D .

This is my built

PS: I already have a case but I don't what case it is , but I will try to find out . I use my SSD as storage because I only use PC for gaming and the games I play don't use much storage . And the most important : this is all a pc under a budget so please don't recommend my crazy prices specs :) .​
-Should I use a CPU cooler or the CPU is fine by himself ?​
-Is Ryzen 5 3600 and 5700-XT Pulse a good combo or does it have a lot of bottleneck ?​
-Is the case realllllyyy important or a random one does the job ?​
-Should I go with Pulse or another brand ? On my country the ASROCK 5700-XT is with discount , should I go for it or stick with Pulse ?​
I know that pulse has less noice and better cooling that why I went for it .​
-Do you have any recommendations for Power Supply ?​
-Is my motherboard fine ? Should I go for a cheaper one or a more expensive one ?​
-About the gpu , should I go for AMD because its chepear and it has a better performance or Nvidia because of ray tracing and new technologies ?​
-And If I buy this PC how many years would it take for a need to upgrade ?​
Give ALL your thoughts on this build and tips for the future .​
Waiting your response , thank you all !​

Solution
OK. Let's break it down.

The CPU comes with a cooler.
You NEED to have a cooler on top of the CPU to cool it.
If you don't, it will get EXTREMELY hot SUPER fast, and then shut down the system and not work.
Probably burn itself too and the socket. So use a cooler.

AMD is not better performance than Nvidia in general, but for the price they are when strictly looking at video games and nothing else, and ONLY comparing the price for what you get from the 5700 XT compared to the price of an RTX 2070 or 2070 Super, but AMD does not offer anything higher performing so there is no comparison to anything from Nvidia that is higher tier than a 2070 Super.

Get whichever 5700 XT is at the best price and save some money, but you can stick with...
Jul 11, 2020
Hello ,

This is my new built , I can't afford to pay more money .

First Q : Will this PC longmore than 5 years without upgrades (the only use is gaming at 1080p)

Second Q : Is the ryzen 5 3600 a good gaming cpu for the price ?

Tell me all your thoughts on this built

Thanks everyone , waiting a response

Changed some things around to save money and at the same time get a bigger SSD and vastly superior PSU.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($171.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: GeIL SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Corsair)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($134.88 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG E1942TC-BN 18.5" 1366x768 Monitor
Total: $1174.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-14 10:01 EDT-0400

It shows that you have a 720p monitor. Is that your only monitor? If so the 5700XT is way overkill for that for gaming. The Ryzen 3600 is a very good mid-range gaming CPU.

Jul 11, 2020
Changed some things around to save money and at the same time get a bigger SSD and vastly superior PSU.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($171.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: GeIL SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Corsair)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($134.88 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG E1942TC-BN 18.5" 1366x768 Monitor
Total: $1174.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-14 10:01 EDT-0400

It shows that you have a 720p monitor. Is that your only monitor? If so the 5700XT is way overkill for that for gaming. The Ryzen 3600 is a very good mid-range gaming CPU.

First thing first , thanks for the help !

I don't think I need a better SSD , considering that this is the only spec I can «reuse» of my old pc , and I use it as HDD too and I don't mind having 10 more seconds of load time

Whats does the TOMAHAWK changes ? because on my country its 20€ more expensive .

Is my case good for cooling for the price , if not can you recommend me a good one .

Having a better PSU , is it that important , if yes why ?

About the RAM , why did you changed to that one , is it any different from the Corsair one , because the Corsair one is more fancy and more trustworthy on my country (because I cant buy from newegg)

On the monitor topic , I know I have to get a better one and I am still looking for one .

And again , is this PC going to longer +5 years without upgrades ?

First thing first , thanks for the help !

I don't think I need a better SSD , considering that this is the only spec I can «reuse» of my old pc , and I use it as HDD too and I don't mind having 10 more seconds of load time

Whats does the TOMAHAWK changes ? because on my country its 20€ more expensive .

Is my case good for cooling for the price , if not can you recommend me a good one .

Having a better PSU , is it that important , if yes why ?

About the RAM , why did you changed to that one , is it any different from the Corsair one , because the Corsair one is more fancy and more trustworthy on my country (because I cant buy from newegg)

On the monitor topic , I know I have to get a better one and I am still looking for one .

And again , is this PC going to longer +5 years without upgrades ?
What is your budget in Euros and in what country?

Since you already have that SSD, then keeping it will be fine. The change was to save a little bit of money.

For the motherboard since you linked your pcpartpicker information for the USA, I based the things off of that. Knowing what country or shops in your country will help with the choosing of a motherboard. The Tomahawk was a change to save money based on USD and still have a good motherboard.

The PSU you choose is an old group regulated PSU. It was designed in like 2007 and should be avoided on any modern computer. That means you will want to get a much better PSU. The EVGA SuperNova G3 is newer (2016) and high quality. The reason for a high quality PSU is that the PSU is the heart of the system. If you get a cheap/bad one it can blow up everything. Getting a good one means that you will be set for years to come.

The RAM was again based on price. The set you choose and the one I choose are both RGB. However, GeIL is still good RAM. I have been using GeIL DDR3 RAM in my desktop for 7 years now without an issue.

The monitor is something that you will want to figure out. Going with the 5700XT will give you the ability to do either 1080p at high refresh rates or 1440p around 75fps.

This computer should last you a good 5 years.

Jul 11, 2020
Again, keep the new build discussion to 1 thread
Hello ,

I have this built : here .

I am a casual user and only use my pc to gaming and I dont any of specs overclocked so they will stay all normal .

Is a Bronze enough or should I get a gold one ?

Can your recommend me a good PSU /price that wont fry me pc ?