new camcorder

Hi All
This is probably the wrong place to ask this question but don't know where
else to ask.
I am planning on buying my first camcorder, (i am 64 years old) Getting a
late start here.
Anyone have any good info on the cannon ZR85, How easy is it to edit and
record video to DVD useing windows XP PRO ?
Is there good software with it ? Is it easy to save my videos to CD or DVD.
Thanks all.

--
Carl G

The easiest way to capture digital video from a digital camcorder is via a
firewire cable to a firewire port (card) on the PC. Windows Movie Maker is
designed for editing digital video.

Then it's a matter of a third party software to burn your DVD from your
finalized (ie edited) project.

The best place to start is PapaJohn's website.....
http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2.html

Have fun!

www.coribright.com

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi All
> This is probably the wrong place to ask this question but don't know where
> else to ask.
> I am planning on buying my first camcorder, (i am 64 years old) Getting a
> late start here.
> Anyone have any good info on the cannon ZR85, How easy is it to edit and
> record video to DVD useing windows XP PRO ?
> Is there good software with it ? Is it easy to save my videos to CD or
> DVD.
> Thanks all.
>
> --
> Carl G

Hi Again
Has anyone used that cannon ZR85 cancorder ?
I was kind of leaning tword that as my purchase, but i have never owned a
camcorder before.
Is that a good piece of equiptment,sounds good.
Thanks again

--
Carl G
"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi All
> This is probably the wrong place to ask this question but don't know where
> else to ask.
> I am planning on buying my first camcorder, (i am 64 years old) Getting a
> late start here.
> Anyone have any good info on the cannon ZR85, How easy is it to edit and
> record video to DVD useing windows XP PRO ?
> Is there good software with it ? Is it easy to save my videos to CD or
> DVD.
> Thanks all.
>
> --
> Carl G

Guess its not much, no hits here

--
Carl G

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:48:32 -0600, "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom>
wrote:

>Hi Again
>Has anyone used that cannon ZR85 cancorder ?
>I was kind of leaning tword that as my purchase, but i have never owned a
>camcorder before.
>Is that a good piece of equiptment,sounds good.
>Thanks again

The Nov. 2004 edition of Consumer Reports magazine tested 26 digital
cameras, including the Canon ZR85. The ZR85 ranked 20 out of 26.

On a scale of Excellent -> Very Good -> Good -> Fair -> Poor:

Picture Quality: Good
Ease of use: Very Good
Image Stabilization: Good
Audio Quality: Fair

The ZR85 lacks a microphone input, which makes it more difficult to
improve the audio quality.