New card makes monitor turn off and go in power saving mode

Nick2660

Reputable
May 20, 2015
I have had my gtx 950 in some months and it have worked great until recently. Most of the times that I bootup my PC, the monitor turns off and goes into power saving mode and I have to take out the cables that connect the PC and screen, and plug it in again for the screen to come back. The PC is running but the monitor acts as if it was off.
It has become worse and sometimes when I'm playing a game, the PC says a sound and then the monitor turns off.
Can anyone please help me? I have no clue for what to do.

Solution

What do you mean "nvidia can't sell that"? You have not bought many parts then or read reviews if you think you can never get a bad card, especially since you used it for a while.

Have you tested the 5770 in your system now, or are you saying it just worked before you changed cards? If you did not test your system with another video card of the same or greater power use, do that, plug in your 5770, install the drivers, see if it runs on that...

Nick2660

Reputable
May 20, 2015
The power supply worked fine with my older card HD 5770, and I don't think my new gtx 950 can be a bad card cause nvidia can't sell that.
Unfortunately I don't have any other strong PC that can run a gtx 950, but I think I has something to do with the gtx 950 that my PC errors like that.

What do you mean "nvidia can't sell that"? You have not bought many parts then or read reviews if you think you can never get a bad card, especially since you used it for a while.

Have you tested the 5770 in your system now, or are you saying it just worked before you changed cards? If you did not test your system with another video card of the same or greater power use, do that, plug in your 5770, install the drivers, see if it runs on that.

If you can't test the card in another system, you just need to replace it and see if that takes care of the issue

Solution