new cartridge EPSON wont recognize

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Musta done this a dozen times and no problem but just
poped in a black cartridge and epson C60 wont recognize it
no matter what. Using USB connnection and win xp. Epson
no help so far, nor their help yerself site.
Basically window pops up and says I M out of ink install
new cartridge. My colors are only half empty.
TIA for any help!!!!
Lary

Is this a genuine Epson cartridge or a generic one?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Musta done this a dozen times and no problem but just
> poped in a black cartridge and epson C60 wont recognize it
> no matter what. Using USB connnection and win xp. Epson
> no help so far, nor their help yerself site.
> Basically window pops up and says I M out of ink install
> new cartridge. My colors are only half empty.
> TIA for any help!!!!
> Lary

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Epson uses a "chip" to tell the printer what the ink level "should be",
based upon usage, cleaning, etc. The true ink level has no bearing on your
problem.
http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/arc.html
This is a link to one of the possible solutions.