[SOLVED] new case advise

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
Hi looking for some advice for a new pc case and/or a new cpu cooler ( aio ) ..
To start im really noob to pc building my first build was last year and its currently a nzxt 510 case with the stock rear and top exhaust fans noctua chromax black u12s in a push pull config and i was running a red devil 5700xt gpu temps were fairly good under gaming ive now put a red devil 6900xt in and its getting crazy hot inside the case gpu fans rpm while gaming are hitting 2k plus marks the cpu and gpu temps are fine 60c and 70c so its not the actual components because when i pull the side panel off the case everything goes back to normal 1300 to 1500 rpm on the gpu fans and is alot quieter ...
obviously the hot air is getting trapped in there

so to my questions ..
firstly what case would suit me better ? obviously a better airflow case but a bigger one or just ones with heaps more fans?
should i do away with the cpu air cooler and go with a aio as i wonder if this is could be a issue with air flow in any case ?

ive frankly been racking my brains on how to fix this ive been looking at diff cases looking for the answer and im just not sure which case or vertical mounting the gpu path ( dont really want to buy something thats no better than what ive got atm)
any advice would be fantastic
thank you

Solution
Either LianLi Lancool II Mesh or my personal favourite Corsair 4000D Airflow.
You need good airflow with AIO's too,since there are fans on the radiator that are supposed to cool the water inside of tubes.
For vertical gpu mounting,dont bother with 2 included slots for GPU mounting,they are a terror for gpu's with fans on them,since they are pretty much stuck on the side panel.
Its best to buy a vertical mounting kit from coolermaster,phanteks,etc..
Something like this https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/accessories/vertical-graphics-card-holder-kit/
There is v2 of this mount but this one will do.
Either LianLi Lancool II Mesh or my personal favourite Corsair 4000D Airflow.
You need good airflow with AIO's too,since there are fans on the radiator that are supposed to cool the water inside of tubes.
For vertical gpu mounting,dont bother with 2 included slots for GPU mounting,they are a terror for gpu's with fans on them,since they are pretty much stuck on the side panel.
Its best to buy a vertical mounting kit from coolermaster,phanteks,etc..
Something like this https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/accessories/vertical-graphics-card-holder-kit/
There is v2 of this mount but this one will do.

Last edited:
Solution

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
thank you .. ive also thought about the thermal take p3 curved i know it invites dust and more noise but for a little extra noise it certainly will fix my case overheating

i agree on the aio was just thinking that the cpu cooler with the push pull config in a case could be a pain for air flow is all

Reactions: Dj0gany