New Case and computer stopped working

Apr 18, 2018
I got a new case for my prebuilt computer which was a Hp Envy Phoenix 860-160se and I didn’t like how small the case was. So I decided to get a new case which was a Kopplen Z3 ATX case and I have a mATX mother board which is the Hp Viking X99 (it came with the prebuilt) The old case worked perfectly I just wanted more space but when I plugged everything in it powered on and the fans start for 1 second then stop in loop. Only the power button led lights up for a second then turns off when the fans stop. I was having a lot of problems finding which switch belongs where because the prebuilt MOBO had no manual or any indications of what went where. I the Power Button and the USB 1/USB2 and the audio seemed to all be plugged in fine. The plugs are in perfectly fine and the GPU PSU CPU and RAM are all working. I don’t know if mounting the motherboard could be the problem. But I’m very new to this so I am not sure

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
In the new case, is there a spacers for the motherboard ? Check to see if the mobo is touching any metal.
I had a same problem week ago and was from one of the RAM sticks. Take them out and put them in again.

Apr 18, 2018

There are spacers but I didn’t touch them at all and the mobo isn’t touching any metal. I just used some screws that came with the case to screw it in. I’m not sure what to do with the spacers

When you say "spacers" do you mean standoffs? There should be a standoff under each screw holding down the motherboard into the case.

Apr 18, 2018

I have standoff’s that hold the MOBO down and I have spacers which came with the case in a little packet along with a lot of screws

Apr 18, 2018

I didn’t remove the CPU cooler it’s liquid cooled

Apr 18, 2018

Because they were all working about 3 hours ago. And I handled them very gently making sure they were not getting damagaged. But maybe you are right. Is there anyway to check?

Apr 18, 2018

Because they were all working about 3 hours ago. And I handled them very gently making sure they were not getting damagaged. But maybe you are right. Is there anyway to check?

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
I agree with rocktalkrock. I had the same problem a week ago. I change my case and the had the same problem. Reinstall my ram sticks and now everything is working fine.
Sorry for my bad english - it is not my mother language.

Unplug the computer and remove the motherboards coin battery for 30 seconds. That will change the BIOS to default settings.