New case fan Barely spinning

bmost4395

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
I got a new 120mm 4pin case fan today after reading up that it could work with a 3pin which is the aux2 fan header on my motherboard, its acting like its wanting to spin like twitching but it only fully spins when i first power on my pc. Is it just the fact that I plugged it into a 3pin connector that its not working or is there something i could change in the computer settings. I downloaded speedfan and it says all are 100%. How can i fix without buying a cord.

Solution
You say the fan header it is plugged into only behaves like a 3-pin header, by which I assume you believe it uses only Voltage Control Mode, (aka DC Mode), and cannot use PWM Mode. Check the configuration for that header to see if it has a setting for the minimum fan speed or voltage. If it does, try setting that higher.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You say the fan header it is plugged into only behaves like a 3-pin header, by which I assume you believe it uses only Voltage Control Mode, (aka DC Mode), and cannot use PWM Mode. Check the configuration for that header to see if it has a setting for the minimum fan speed or voltage. If it does, try setting that higher.

Solution