New case fan ideas for oc

Red8

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013
Hello, I'm currently thinking of an add on to my current build right now for fans. I have a corsair spec-01 with cougar turbine fans and the stock fan right trying to cool my 1080 and provide air to my 212 evo currently. I want to oc my hardware a little more so I was thinking of getting some new fans. I wanted to get 2 of the corsair ml 140's for intake and the rest of the outtakes would be some odd asiahorse 120mm that have a white led ring. I'm not too sure how much these fans would help at all and I haven't heard or seen too much about the Asia horse fans but do know they have good reviews on amazon. Do you guys think this would be a better cooling setup, and if so by how much would you say it'd lower my you and CPU temps? Or do you have a better idea or suggestion for me? All help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

Solution
Usually adding case fans does very little for temperatures. There is a point of diminishing returns. 2 fans may be about as effective as 20 in many cases.

As long as there is some flow of air, its usually totally fine.

What are your temps like? What makes you think you need more fans?

Intakes almost never ever improve temps, exhaust does help more.
Intake is usually added to prevent too much negative pressure and give a dust free intake - instead of it just sucking in dust through cracks.
Usually adding case fans does very little for temperatures. There is a point of diminishing returns. 2 fans may be about as effective as 20 in many cases.

As long as there is some flow of air, its usually totally fine.

What are your temps like? What makes you think you need more fans?

Intakes almost never ever improve temps, exhaust does help more.
Intake is usually added to prevent too much negative pressure and give a dust free intake - instead of it just sucking in dust through cracks.

Solution

Red8

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for the quick response! I felt I needed better cooling just so I could get a slightly better oc and since one of my cougars died on me and I've noticed the negative air pressure. My gpu never reaches above 70c and my CPU gets around 50-60c under 100% load usually. Should I just get a better CPU cooler then or something?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
For GPU, you're pretty much safe under 90 C, although I'd say under 80 C would be preferable. Intel CPUs are good up to about 80 C (well, I think they can actually run as hot as 90-100 before damage/throttling, but most people wouldn't recommend running them that high for any length of time regardless).